Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Piker
8,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sucks Bonnies have to play a road game in an exempt tournament. Thanks Brexit!
It is Florida Atlantic. I have actually covered a game there way back when Va Tech had Ace Custis. Don't worry because FAU does not have a home court advantage.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Well that was ugly, but SBU managed to avoid calamity. A win is a win and a road win at that. I hate to sound like a broken record however, but what in the hell is Bonas doing playing a road game at FAU. I realize it was some washed up in-season tourney, but it was still a road game and really the Bonnies should be getting in tournaments better than this. Not saying they will get Atlantis invites, but dang are times really that hard? All the opponents in that tourney are basically trash. I would consider SBU to be a step above every single one of them expect maybe Hofstra.

On the other hand with the injuries, maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
We won't get good tourney invites because our fan base is rabid, but incredibly small. And even so, the FAU announcer said multiple times "It's like a road game at home for FAU."

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Well that was ugly, but SBU managed to avoid calamity. A win is a win and a road win at that. I hate to sound like a broken record however, but what in the hell is Bonas doing playing a road game at FAU. I realize it was some washed up in-season tourney, but it was still a road game and really the Bonnies should be getting in tournaments better than this. Not saying they will get Atlantis invites, but dang are times really that hard? All the opponents in that tourney are basically trash. I would consider SBU to be a step above every single one of them expect maybe Hofstra.

On the other hand with the injuries, maybe it was a blessing in disguise.
This tournament was supposed to be in Northern Ireland but got moved in August, try to keep up. Unfortunately we cannot control what we get invited to and since nobody will play us, we cant turn down an event like this.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
It also wasn't scheduled as a road game. Remember, this tournament was originally the Belfast Classic, to be played in Northern Ireland. It never came off because of Brexit-related concerns. The tournament organizers/teams scrambled to find a new site virtually at the last minute. So it's hard to blame Bona for "scheduling" a road game.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts