Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends and I are coming to Ames this Saturday. Should we get tickets ahead of time? I saw online they were $22, but heard from another person that the top 10 rows go on sale day of for $10 at the gate. Should we get tickets ahead of time or just come over and not worry. Any recommendation as to where to go in the afternoon to watch games and have a beer and food? Thanks in advance.

I think it'll be a good game Saturday. We still aren't proven in the least on the road, so we'll see how the Huskers come through. Gotta be a nice confidence builder for the 'Clones on Wednesday after 2 losses. Nebraska is probably playing their best ball of the season right now. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Husker,,

You could come over and get tickets pretty easy i think... School starts back up Monday so I am thinking the Students won't get back to school until Sunday which will make it easier to get a ticket... They drop ticket prices when students go out of town.. You could probably get one from a scalper on the day of the game for around 10 bucks....

About the game. I have never seen NU come into Hilton and beat us. I am sure it has happened and I know you have a good team this year, but I just don't see it happening.. I have seen teams ranked number 1 and ISU not ranked and ISU beats them at Hilton. I think you guys are a good team. Just not Hilton Good. Now when we come to NU.. Yeah you will probably get us...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good Game

Good game Cyclones. You guys played pretty well and it was entertaining.

Enjoyed the atmosphere at the Hilton Coliseum even without the students there. Then again, anything is better than the atmosphere at the Devaney Center. How we let Sullivan get off all those threes I'll never know! Our defense was subpar, but I'm sure ISU had something to do with that. I was disappointed but was encouraged with how we fought back after the halftime deficit. It's tough to win on the road ... we all know that in this conference.

Thanks for the help btw. We ended up going to the Pizza Pit b/c it was the only thing open and then down to Cy's Roost a little later (nicely redone since the last time I'd been in there!).

Good luck the rest of the way and we'll see you guys in Lincoln.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Glad you had a good time. We played pretty well. memo to your coach. Don't leave Sully open from 3.....

NU is better than I thought though. You guys should make the tourney this year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dunno if we'll make the tourney, but we are improved I believe. Suppose that means you think you guys will get in too? I doubt more than 7 will make it (at the most) so we'll see how it all plays out. Interesting year for the Big 12 for sure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts