Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

D.miles Excused From Trail Blazers After Passing Of His Grandfather

647 views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  B_&_B 
#1 ·

PORTLAND, Ore. – Portland Trail Blazers forward Darius Miles has been excused from the team after the passing of his maternal grandfather, Willie Miles Sr., this morning in East St. Louis, Ill.

Miles will miss tonight’s game vs. San Antonio and Sunday’s game vs. the Los Angeles Clippers and is expected to rejoin the team next week, pending funeral arrangements.

#2 ·
I totally empathsize with D. Miles for losing his grandfather having lost one of my own but dang this seems like such odd timing considering everything else that is going on with him.

I suppose it makes alot of this other drama in his life seem pretty insignificant though.

I hope he uses his time away to not only mourn the loss of his grandfather but to also get his head straight.

#3 ·
I wonder if we should start calling Darius Kilnger instead. If this is true I'm sorry for being so caddy, but the timing is interesting to say the least.

#7 ·
Schilly said:
Perhaps he had word of his his grandfathers health as of night before yesterday. Perhaps (not an excuse) it may be part of the reason he missed shoot around, and neglected to call. He was preoccupied with a family situation.
I obviously feel bad for the guy but you can't use that as any type of excuse...it takes 30 seconds to call coach Mac or another member of the team and tell them you are missing shootaround due to a family issue. If he was to busy he should have had someone else make the call.

#8 ·
sa1177 said:
I obviously feel bad for the guy but you can't use that as any type of excuse...it takes 30 seconds to call coach Mac or another member of the team and tell them you are missing shootaround due to a family issue. If he was to busy he should have had someone else make the call.
Exactly why I said not an excuse.

#13 ·
Actually it was a pretty classless post considering what this thread is about. There are other times to insult him, you shouldn't do so in a thread that tells us of his grandfather's passing.

#14 ·
The Sebastian Express said:
Actually it was a pretty classless post considering what this thread is about. There are other times to insult him, you shouldn't do so in a thread that tells us of his grandfather's passing.
Mom? Mom? is that you...? :uhoh:

The witty play on words by Tlong makes it a "classic post" not the insult to Miles.

#16 ·
waaaaaaaaaaah, my grandfather died. waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh
That's no excuse to not call. He just knows nothing will happen to him so why follow the rules. Until a players contract can be terminated due to broken rules, this stuff will continue to happen. What's a 10k fine when you make like 100 k a game? one less lb of bud in miles case I guess.

#17 ·
tradetheo said:
waaaaaaaaaaah, my grandfather died. waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh
That's no excuse to not call. He just knows nothing will happen to him so why follow the rules. Until a players contract can be terminated due to broken rules, this stuff will continue to happen. What's a 10k fine when you make like 100 k a game? one less lb of bud in miles case I guess.

That's kinda spendy for a pound. You'd think he'd get a better deal in Oregon and all...;)

Peace

#19 ·
ColoradoBlazerFan said:
That's kinda spendy for a pound. You'd think he'd get a better deal in Oregon and all...;)

Peace
Yeah, alot of the stuff in oregon is garbage. I'm thinking that miles might go after some of the best he could get. that stuff can run about 6-700 a oz. That stuff would blow anything you can find in oregon away.

#21 ·
D.Miles is expected to be back in time for Wed. game against the Kings. No word on if he'll play or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.