Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blazers G/F Darius Miles, who wore No. 21 in Cleveland, is wearing 23 in Portland -- a salute to his close friend G LeBron James, who moved into Miles' old locker at Gund Arena. Miles was traded to the Blazers on Jan. 21.
--ESPN.com

First he lost Q-Rich now James.....

i dont see either Q or Miles, do they still do that thing where they like fist pound there heads

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Yes, constantly... although Richardson does it more often because he does a lot more things that are worth celebrating.
For Miles, he should only be aloud to do it once per game, when he goes over 20 points. Miles said he'll bring "monster dunks" to Portland. Will he grow up?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
When Portland runs plays for Miles, real good things happen.

Last night against the Wizards they were running plays for him, he was hitting shots inside and going to the line. He needs to improve his free throws, but that comes with working on his shooting touch which seems to be improving somewhat. Then Mo Cheeks took him out of the game and had him on the bench for a while and ruined his hot streak.

I think he'll flourish in Portland, it will end up being the best oppurtunity for him to break-out, which he will do in the second half of this season. He fits in really good with that team, because they can run, and Miles is good in the open court.

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hellbot</b>!
I think he'll flourish in Portland, it will end up being the best oppurtunity for him to break-out, which he will do in the second half of this season. He fits in really good with that team, because they can run, and Miles is good in the open court.
I totally agree with the statement above.

Mo Cheeks wanted D Miles to help improve the Blazers defense against teams that get up & down the floor quickly.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Yeah I watched that Wixards game too, and they were definately setting up some plays for him, he came out very strong to start the game.

A couple of post ups early in the clock, letting him use his height and quickness, Damon really seemed to be looking for him. I guess he might have a new head tappin buddy!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
numbers are dwindling

there's still a few of you out there (i suppose all blazers fans) that still think d miles has what it takes.

it would take a miraculous turnaround to make him anything more than a reserve small forward. he's just got way too many holes in his game.

i like the kid and wish he'd do well, but i have listened to 3 summers of promises on how he's improved his game and it's actually gotten worse. if he went to college he might have more game, or if he understood the intricacies of the game (or at least could manipulate them on the court) like his young friend lebron he could use his physical gifts. but he doesn't, hasn't, and whatever portland thinks they can do to get this out of him goodluck, but i ain't buying it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.