Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of an interesting read on the state of Shareef, I caught this little blurb on DA.

Derek Anderson says the Blazers have "lied" to him after he has played six minutes and one minute in the past two games since returning from the injured list. Anderson said the team called him in Louisville, Ky., while he was rehabilitating his back and told him to rejoin the team so he could play. "First, they said it was Maurice (Cheeks) who wouldn't play me, and now this," Anderson said. "Don't tell me one thing and then don't do it. I got my back together and now I come back and don't play. They are trying to be nasty. I guess because I haven't cussed anybody out they feel they need to punish me. I don't know, but that's not how you treat people." General manager John Nash said the team wanted to give Anderson time to practice and get into shape before he played extensive minutes.
No offense, but....good riddance, DA. :wave: :banana: :clap:

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Wow. Bitter towards management. Bitter towards teammates. Dude's bitter.

I guess being 30 years old and stuck at the end of the bench on a bad team that seems to have no use for you has to really suck.

He could always just accept a buyout by giving back all his guaranteed money and go somewhere else.

Ed O.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Follow in the steps of Shawn Kemp .......... DA

do a buyout and give some back to a team who has paid you handsomely for 2 years with hardly any games played by you

then go find out how badly you are wanted in the league :D

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Frankly, with all of the injuries DA's had, his wants are pretty much irrelevant in the Blazers' decision-making process about their future. The only reason I can see to give him any minutes is to try to get some interest around the league in trading for him. That seems a very long shot, but I suppose it's possible if you package him with another attractive piece. I mean, at least the length of his contract is getting down there. One thought might be to package him with our draft pick and try to get a good experienced player back in trade. We've got plenty of young projects on the roster as it is.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
What's funny is he actually thinks management did this to be mean to him.

I am sure the decision had little to do with DA's feelings.

Although the slight against Darius was definitely there.

Play.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I've always liked DA, but his time is up here in POR. I honestly kept waiting for him to "explode" and become a top-tier SG, but it just never happened.

In the words of Marsellus Wallace..."You came close, but you never made it."

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
hmm.. All I can say is.. :boohoo:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
thank you whitless for that contract of da, da is worse than stale davis total dead weight.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
I can't believe I was once actually excited about this clown becoming a Blazer.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I don't believe for a moment that DA is no longer capable of playing in the NBA. I think that he's a starter-caliber SG, and he could be so on a championship contender.

He's a good ballhandler and passer, a decent defender and a decent shooter (although not nearly as good as some have made him out to be in the past).

Clearly he's injury-prone and he's overpaid. If the Blazers were still a good team, they could work with those limitations and come out ahead. As things stand now, he just doesn't have a role and some of that (although not all of it) is self-inflicted.

Ed O.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
I'm sure DA has never lied. I'm sure he didn't tell the Blazers Thank you for my contract, and I will play hard for you

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Yo Ed, what's going on there in that avatar of yours?

PBF

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On a different note, DA's personal website indicates that he graduated from UK with a pharmacy degree. Apparently, that's been disputed. Does anyone know for sure?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts