Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are a perfect equation for the cancelling out theory. Dale gets good boards and plays okay defense. Yet on offense like last night he missed two dunks and how many put backs, and those are the only offensive moves he has. I can't believe he can miss dunks the way he does. So let's say Dale brings in 8 boards a game, he offsets that with his crappy offense. Where than is the advantage for the Blazers? On top of that Dale looks like he could give a rip cause he's not the starting 5 anymore.

Damon does the exact same thing but in reverse. Damon scores and dribbles and has even lately been dishing much better, but on defense he get scorched. Andre shot how many right over him last night? Hell even Boykins made shots on him and he's 5'7?

Now up until last week Damon was at the 1 and Dale at the five starting right? So a standard game would be Dale rebounds the ball, throws to Damon who runs as fast as he can down the court, dribbles for a while and sees Dale underneath. Ball goes to Dale, Dale slowely reacts, their defense has time to set and we get a bad shot off. Then its back on defense again for us and Damon get scorched for two or three more points.

Am I wrong here?

Having Sheed at the five has helped this but watching guys like Nene last night makes me wish for a big man that can do "okay"atleast on both sides of the court.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
I agree,we are one good point guard away from conteneding,and exchange Dale for a guy like Malik Rose and we are that much closer imo.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Dale and Damon will each have value next year when both will be in the final season of their contract.

I only hope that Nash realizes this and uses this value to make a couple of decent trades instead of simply letting them walk so that Portland can enter free agent roulette in the summer of `05.

Here's my hope - all this talk about getting way below the cap in 2005 is a smoke screen. Just a ploy to throw other GM's off track, improving (even if slightly) the trade value of players like Stoudamire, Davis, Person and even Wallace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts