Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be way off, but my gut feeling is these two guys are gonna be shipped off real soon.

Wallace will stay because he is the perfect robin for Zach. I perdict he will re-sign a 3-4 year deal.

With the move of Sheed to center and the trade for Miles, it makes me think Patterson and Dale are being shopped.

Both are good defenders, but they also are considered "bad guys". Patterson more so than Dale.

NY, Phili and Toronto have all expressed intrest in them.

I bet we try and trade for contracts that end by 05' or a cheaper contract that goes past 05'.

NY and Toronto have only long contracts so i would say no to any trade with them. Phili is intriguing. We could easily get Glen, but his criminal past makes him a dont.

A 3 team trade could maby be worked out.

Here are two of my ideas, i hope other people post their ideas too.

1) Portland/Phili/NJ

Portland Trades
-D.Davis to Philidelphia
-R.Patterson to Philidelphia

Philidelphia Trades
-G.Robinson to NJ
-D.Coleman to Portland

NJ Trades
-K.Kittles to Portland
-Z.Planatic to Philidelphia

NJ shakes things up. Glen only has a 2 year long contract so he can walk after that if he doesnt fit. But, he brings NJ more offense and could work well in the NJ offense. Phili gets a defensive boost. They dont need Glen or Coleman to succeed. Dale brings D and IMO Patterson can be a great starter

2) Portland/New Jersey

Portland Trades
-D.Davis to NJ
-R.Patterson to NJ

NJ Trades
-K.Kittles to Portland
-R.Rogers to Portland

NJ gets more D. Davis can take Zo's place and Patterson is great bench energizer.

Any other ideas.....

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Dale Davis should be moved if we can get a deal similar to what we got for Bonzi Wells.

Ruben Patterson should have a lower threshold... a shorter contract and/or a lesser pick.

Both RP and DD are good players and they'd be valuable role players for a good team. I don't think Portland's going to be in that position for a couple more years (2005 at earliest) and we could be using the money we're spending on them better elsewhere.

I don't like taking on Kittles, though. He's an inferior Derek Anderson and he makes a lot of money. His deal does expire in 2005, but taking on him and Coleman only saves us about $1.3m in the summer of 2005, and I think we should get more than that future savings for players like Dale Davis and Ruben Patterson.

Ed O.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Both [Davis and Patterson] are good defenders, but they also are considered "bad guys".
Huh? I've never heard Dale Davis referred to as a "bad guy" by any fan, or anyone in the Blazers organization. What in the world did he do to deserve that title?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yeah, I've never heard of DD as a so-called "bad guy" either. Where did that come from? And why would Portland want to trade Ruben right now. He is basically the only player besides
Z-Bo who has hustled all year IMHO.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Na, he isnt a bad guy or a really good guy. He is a regular dude, i should change that my bad..

Also, what about Wally. He has a big *** contract, but Minnesota doesnt really need him with Hudson coming back and their team playing so well with only Cessell, Spree and KG.

They could use a servicable center(Dale) and maby would even trade Patterson.

If minny would take Patterson's contract...i would make a Wally for Dale and Ruben trade

But wally has a huge contract. Average of 10.5 million per year for the next 6 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts