Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

....It was the second time Davis has been stranded at his home in the last week. Before the Blazers' home game against Denver last Friday, Davis called the team to say he couldn't get out of his driveway because of the heavy snowfall from New Year's Day. On that night, he was rescued by coach Maurice Cheeks, who drove his Range Rover to Davis' home.
OK, bag the Hummer. I'm goin' for a Range Rover! :laugh:

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>tblazrdude</b>!
this really isn't funny, it's pathetic.
How can I get traded? Let me count the ways............

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
They actually kind of touched on the throwing in the towell concept last night. They pointed out the T count on Dale this year which is unusual for him. The used it as eveidence that he was not happy in Portland.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
This might sound silly, but couldn't they have rented a helicopter or something? I mean, Dale makes like $10m a year, and over 82 games that's over $120k... wouldn't it make sense to have a helicopter fly to his house, pick him up, and bring him either into Portland or down to Eugene?

Ed O.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I live in the west hills and it is hard to get out of your house but by no means impossible.

IF he really wanted to play he could have walked to a main road that was plowed..

Dale has gotta go IMO

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!
This might sound silly, but couldn't they have rented a helicopter or something? I mean, Dale makes like $10m a year, and over 82 games that's over $120k... wouldn't it make sense to have a helicopter fly to his house, pick him up, and bring him either into Portland or down to Eugene?

Ed O.
KATU Skycopter News would have done it for free - as a "public service" act. :yes:

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!

Ed O.
what a great PR move that would've been! "Dale Davis is so devoted and excited about his team he ordered a chopper to get him to the game." an actual high-publicity, feel-good story.

unfortunately, just the opposite analysis was made, by probably more than one person: "what the hell. stay at home. we're just going to lose anyway."

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
I live in the west hills and it is hard to get out of your house but by no means impossible.

IF he really wanted to play he could have walked to a main road that was plowed..
According to Quick yesterday (in his chat on O-Live), this is exactly what happened last week. Cheeks couldn't make it all the way up to Davis' house, so Dale walked down to a road where Cheeks could pick him up.

I remember driving in Mountain Park 20 years in some snow and ice. Even with 4 wheel drive it was scary - but it was possible.

BTW, why couldn't Dale make another trek down the hill on foot to get picked up so that he could make the road trip? For him to do it once and not this time is just strange to me.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I agree. If he wanted to make the game, he could have. With the kind of dollars involved with pro basketball anything from a helicopter to hiring 50 guys to shovel a path to his house would have been possible. The other thing is that in the west hills, most people take precautions against getting stranded. i.e. if there's a storm in the forecast (and it's not like this one was a surprise,) they will park their cars on other more accessible streets. This includes people who live in the 'high rent' areas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts