Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planinic had the best 2-for-7 game of his life. Even when the Mavs went at him yesterday, he got consecutive stops on Daniels and Stackhouse, and three plays later, he scored on that lefty up-and-under against Dirk to put them up 23. As long as he continues to attack the paint, he’ll be in the rotation to stay. That’s five straight good games for him, and not coincidentally, that’s five straight victories for his team.

http://www.nj.com/newslogs/nets/index.ssf?/mtlogs/njo_netsblast/archives/2006_03.html#123028

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
NetIncome said:
Planinic had the best 2-for-7 game of his life. Even when the Mavs went at him yesterday, he got consecutive stops on Daniels and Stackhouse, and three plays later, he scored on that lefty up-and-under against Dirk to put them up 23. As long as he continues to attack the paint, he’ll be in the rotation to stay. That’s five straight good games for him, and not coincidentally, that’s five straight victories for his team.

http://www.nj.com/newslogs/nets/index.ssf?/mtlogs/njo_netsblast/archives/2006_03.html#123028

I've been saying this all season. With a few notable exceptions, most of this board has been against me, saying that Zoran doesn't even belong in the NBA. Goes to show how knowledgeable most of this board is. But I guess what should I expect, where most of this board thinks 7-22 shooting is awesome.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
furnace said:
I've been saying this all season. With a few notable exceptions, most of this board has been against me, saying that Zoran doesn't even belong in the NBA. Goes to show how knowledgeable most of this board is. But I guess what should I expect, where most of this board thinks 7-22 shooting is awesome.
That's a stretch. I think the pro Zoran posters far outnumber the strong haters.

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
furnace said:
Zoran should be the starting two guard, you agree?

BTW awesome avatar Grandmazter

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Said it in the different thread: Zoran is getting minutes--and the bench is doing better--because he is being aggressive in moving the ball, getting into the paint. The ball moves better when he is in the game, the bench is less tenative when he is in the game. And he is eating into Wright's minutes because Wright has been tenative offensively, has not been aggressive. Zoran's improved defense helps lessen the need for Wright as well. Wright may develop on Lawrence Frank Time. Zoran apparently has already.

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
furnace said:
Why does everything have to be about you being knowledgeable and others not being so? Why do you make generalizations? Why can't we all appreciate how well the team is doing as a whole?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Aurelino said:
Why does everything have to be about you being knowledgeable and others not being so? Why do you make generalizations? Why can't we all appreciate how well the team is doing as a whole?

Because before one minute of the 2005-2006 season was played, I said McInnis won't fit with the Nets. No one believed me. After the season started, I gave play by play evidence of how McInnis was terrible and a black hole on offense (not to mention his porous defense) and no one believed me just because he could score 8-12 points per game. It wasn't until the Nets kept losing and Dumpy did some great analysis that people finally realized that I was right and McInnis is bad for the Nets. I never said he was a bad player, just bad for the Nets.

Later, I and a few others were wondering why Zoran didn't get any minutes. We were soundly criticized, including several people saying that Zoran doesn't even belong in the league. As you can see, we are being proven right again.

And I don't make generalizations. For example, I have always said that Wright is not a good player yet. Key word being YET. That means I have seen flashes of talent here and there, but he has not been able to put it together yet. He needs more practice time. Those minutes should have gone to Zoran.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Charlie Brown said:
I'm down with ZP getting minutes as long as it is not as the primary ball handler.

Why? Z is an awesome ball handler. I would put him 3rd on the team of the best ball handlers behind Kidd and Vince. He's just so quick with the ball and handles pressure defense better than anyone I've seen.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
furnace said:

I think your a little harsh on Vince. You expect him to play superb defense and never take a bad shot. we can't all expect him to be Ron Artest, everyone is their own type of player. Vince is a vital part of our team and his presence benefits everybody else on the court, there's a reason why our team has trouble scoring when both he an JKidd are not in the game, they both create oppertunities for others whether it be assists or drawing double teams. Vince takes the most contested shots, he's our best offensive player, it's very rare that he's actually open.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have felt the same way about Planinic and Wright. Planinic is playing because he is aggressive on offense and improving [and aggressive] on defense. Wright is not playing because he is tenative on offensive and simply not as great as people here think on defense. He makes rookie mistakes on both ends of the court. I also fear that in the playoffs he would freeze up. I am not convinced that he will be anything more than a 7th man in the NBA for any decent team.

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
NetIncome said:
I am not convinced that he will be anything more than a 7th man in the NBA for any decent team.
You mean Zoran, right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.