Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
or how about a sign and trade.. with..

Probly a sign and trade.. I sincerely doubt the warriors will give up ANYONE from their last two drafts.. you can quote me on that.. but they probly are willing to drop a couple of ending salaries to sweeten the deal. But mark my words.. GSW is rebuilding as usual and will not be willing to take on long term contracts with no compensating play.

How bout.. Nick the quick with Wang for Fortson, Mills ( contract ending soon ) Sura ( Contract ending soon ) since you need SG and SF's..

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Warriors need to trade Fortson for Avery Johnson. If we want Wang, this is what we'll have to do. Wang would resign with Dallas for 2 million. This would make him 2mil and 1mil byc. AJ makes 4.9 million so the Mavs would be sending us 6.9 and 5.9 byc.

We would send them Fortson at 4.9 and would have to throw in the resigned scrub of their choice (Blaylock, Henderson or Garrett) at 1.4 million. None of them would be byc since they all made more than 1.4 last year. We would be sending the Mavs a total of 6.3 million.

Since 6.3 comes within 15% and 100,000 of both the 6.9 and 5.9 byc that Dallas is sending back to us, this deal would work.

Nellie would probably prefer Blaylock to be the scrub of his choice since he likes to carry 3 PG's.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I think this trade would help both parties, especially the Mavs since Fortson know his role will be to grab the boards.

-Petey

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!
I think this trade would help both parties, especially the Mavs since Fortson know his role will be to grab the boards.

-Petey
Yes, it isn't so much that AJ and Wang would help us but rather that Fort would fit with the Mavs. Fort wants to start and in order to not be a cancer, we need to find a team that he could fit into the starting lineup. Dallas is the only one I can think of. Nobody else is gonna take on a cancer off the bench for 5 more years.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well.

Other people have indicated that Philly might want him since DC has gone down to injury.. Orlando is a long shot.. unless they decide not to go the shawn kemp route..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts