Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Dallas newspapers, here is Dallas' "final" offer for Rasheed:

Jamison, Delk, and Najera.

Should the Blazers do this? I really think so. But the fact that they haven't yet tells me they won't.

PBF

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Pass. Jamison and ZR would be the worst defensive combination this side of ZR and KVH. And Jamison's contract is simply terrible.

Delk and Najera are worthless (in that players of their caliber can be signed any summer with less than the full MLE), so I don't see them being any kind of factor in a trade other than filler.

Ed O.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I do not think it will be a FINAL offer

As Dallas is not doing extremely well, pressure may increase to the point they make a better offer.

With all these teams now seemingly bidding for Sheed... too bad they can not get get a three way going

Something like this.. throwing out names...
send us Najera (I like his energy)... and Jamison and Delk to Phoenix
Phoenix sends us Marion....
POrtland also sends something to Phoenix

Jamison and Delks contracts are better than Marions very long $ contract. It woudl come off their books sooner

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I agree...POR should pass on this. The ONLY way DAL gets Sheed is by including Howard in the deal. Otherwise they can continue their struggles for all I care. But I see no reason for POR to help them out.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
That wouldn't be a bad deal actually. Jamison is a very efficient player, averaging 16 ppg and shooting 51% from the field. Those other two are good role players.

We'll be getting rid of a major bad apple, and we'll have Jamison on the team as opposed to letting Wallace go for nothing.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ProudBFan</b>!
According to Dallas newspapers, here is Dallas' "final" offer for Rasheed:

Jamison, Delk, and Najera.

Should the Blazers do this? I really think so. But the fact that they haven't yet tells me they won't.
This is thrilling news.

It's their final offer, which means no more of their weak offers...hopefully, Nash will turn this down and end Dallas' involvement.

Honestly, Dallas was of no interest to me...the only players I could be interested in (Nowitski, Nash) they wouldn't have dealt, and everyone else is either a step back or not enough.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
they need to package Jamison, Howard and their first round draft pick for this coming year to be worth it. that's actually a pretty fair trade, when you think about it.

that pick won't be great, but given that we already have two picks, it does increase our odds somewhat of getting at least one real impact player out of next year's draft.

we'd have a future of Jamison, Zach, Howard, Woods, Outlaw and three draft picks this year. that's a lot of SF's and PF's, but it leaves us in great shape to make other trades.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!

Not Finley?
Not really. Finley is a very good player, but doesn't possess a particularly unque or hard-to-find skillset. In my opinion, he's a little bit better a version of Bonzi Wells with a better attitude.

While I didn't agree with tossing away Wells for very little, I also didn't think the Blazers were losing someone really hard to replace.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Throw in a 1st rounder and I'd prolly do it.....I really don't like najera just because he causes so many problems for us....we need more players like him and Ruben...to get at them defensively. Sheed's D is better then Jamison's but his D is getting worse...I saw the Spurs game and Duncan owned Sheed a few times baseline...the past few years Sheed was in PDX..Duncan didn't come close to do anyhting like that. Jamison is younger..can grab rebounds...delk is a scrub and should be cut..and I think Najera could really really help us out...like I said throw in a 1st rounder and I'd do it. We would have 3 1st rounders and that could come in VERY handy on draft day.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

Jamison is a proven scorer
Delk is an awesome outside shooter
Najera gives big effort, night in and night out. Come to think of it, all three of those players give effort night in and night out. Giving up Sheed for three players you know are going to show up every night and do their jobs? And all three have something to contribute to the Blazers talent wise as well? Isn't that a no brainer? It is for me.

·
Registered
519 Posts
NO i would not do it....we need a better center then we have now and you all know how hard it is to pry on of those from any team and why send him where he has a better chance to get a ring send him to the Clippers or Cavs....:laugh:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
This is a mediocre trade offer.

As others have said, Jamison doesn't fit well with Zach. He is a poor defender. He has never started on a winning team. He has a bad (MAX til 07/08) contract, which would prevent the Blazers from the possibility of cap room two summers from now (when T-Mac could opt out). All flexibility is lost.

No matter what anybody says about Delk and Najera as players, they are filler, that neither add, or subtract significant value in the deal. If those type of players are needed by the Blazers, they can easily be picked up during the summers as FA's using exceptions.

I am sorry, but the only players on Dallas that would make me think about a trade with them are Dirk (fat chance Dallas even thinks about trading him) or Nash. They are unlikely to trade Nash, especially since they lost Nick (why did they make that trade again?????), but if we send them Jeff McInnis to tide them over, maybe they can run the point by committee - Antoine Walker and Michael Finley are outstanding passers for their positions. Walker has experience running point forward. Later they can trade either Walker or Finley for a starting PG.

Why would they even consider all this trouble? Because Nash has a player option this summer that he will exercise. Dallas will have to give him a raise. His raise, plus all their other big, long contracts will have Dallas at $80mil a year for a long time.

How about Sheed and Jeff for Nash, Jamison and Josh Howard. Josh Howard is payment for the Blazers taking on Jamison's contract.

The Blazer's later trade Jamison for a Center or a 3 point shooting SF.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
What Dallas paper said this? Ive checked the Dallas Morning News and the Fort Worth Star Telegram and can find no such offers... I did find several articles refuting the trades and saying unless Portland comes up witha super sweet deal its a no go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Masbee</b>!

How about Sheed and Jeff for Nash, Jamison and Josh Howard. Josh Howard is payment for the Blazers taking on Jamison's contract.

The Blazer's later trade Jamison for a Center or a 3 point shooting SF.
rofl
and i thought that only your players hit the bong
our starting pg
our starting sf
our 6th man
for sheed and mcinnis ?
lol

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Linde</b>!
rofl
and i thought that only your players hit the bong
our starting pg
our starting sf
our 6th man
for sheed and mcinnis ?
lol
I would hardly call Howard a starting player at all. He appears to be a good player at his age but let's not put too much value into Josh Howard right now. I doubt this would happen as well but Howard is not worth as much as you think. Probably like Woods is to Portland fan's such as myself.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dragnsmke1</b>!
What Dallas paper said this? Ive checked the Dallas Morning News and the Fort Worth Star Telegram and can find no such offers... I did find several articles refuting the trades and saying unless Portland comes up witha super sweet deal its a no go.
So there you have it.

Dallas says Portland needs to "sweeten" the deal when what they are offering is a player on a MAX contract who COMES OFF THE BENCH, and they are getting return the most instant salary relief available in the NBA - $17mil off their books, which could be worth $34mil in savings to the Dallas Mavs if the lux tax is in effect for one more season.

If they really think Portland has to pony up more than the HUUUUGGE value to them of rescuing them from SALARY HELL, of course there won't be any deal.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.