Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
This was the best part of that rumor, imo:

<b>There’s also a school of thought that says the T-Wolves would instead opt to rebuild, which means sending Garnett to a team like Miami, for Alonzo Mourning, whose deal is up next summer, along with a slew of future No. 1 picks. Then they can take all that money ($25 million) off their books, get under the salary cap, and start over.</b>
 

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
Joined
·
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by TheRifleman
This was the best part of that rumor, imo:

<b>There’s also a school of thought that says the T-Wolves would instead opt to rebuild, which means sending Garnett to a team like Miami, for Alonzo Mourning, whose deal is up next summer, along with a slew of future No. 1 picks. Then they can take all that money ($25 million) off their books, get under the salary cap, and start over.</b>

:laugh: If anyone, I'd trade KG for nothing less than Caron Butler on the Heat, but then again it doesn't even match close salary wise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jeez, i hope they dont start to rebuild now! maybe in like 5 years, but not now, nows not the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
The team is in a tuff situation though. They made a real mistake with Joe Smith which has hampered the teams forward success.
Garnett takes up a big chunk of change as well. Let's be honest too, Garnett isn't gonna win you a damn thing by himself, but because of his salary they can't afford another big name. If they move Ganett their not gonna get full value back, but if they keep him their gonna be stuck doing the same thing every year.
That's a hard shot to make. I'd like to see them trade him, and start fresh. It could go either way though. That's why I don't really see them taking the risk.
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
Dallas just amazes me, they always try to buy themselves a championship. You win championships with team chemistry...look at Portland they have a bunch of great players and they can't get past the first round!

First Dallas wants LaFrentz and Van Exel, then they want Rashard Lewis, next thing you know they're after Alonzo Mourning, and now they want Kevin Garnett!

Mark Cuban is a rich, stupid moron! He isn't smart enough to be an NBA owner, he doesn't know anything about team chemistry. You need to have role players on a team, you can't just have 5 guys that want to score 20ppg every night on your team.

If they stick with the lineup that they already have, they could have a championship in 2 or 3 years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by The X Factor
If they stick with the lineup that they already have, they could have a championship in 2 or 3 years.
Cuban bought this lineup and this lineup do have chemistry. Does that sounds like Cuban knows a little chemistry as well? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,992 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The X Factor</b>!
Dallas just amazes me, they always try to buy themselves a championship. You win championships with team chemistry...look at Portland they have a bunch of great players and they can't get past the first round!

First Dallas wants LaFrentz and Van Exel, then they want Rashard Lewis, next thing you know they're after Alonzo Mourning, and now they want Kevin Garnett!

Mark Cuban is a rich, stupid moron! He isn't smart enough to be an NBA owner, he doesn't know anything about team chemistry. You need to have role players on a team, you can't just have 5 guys that want to score 20ppg every night on your team.

If they stick with the lineup that they already have, they could have a championship in 2 or 3 years.
I'de rather have an owner like Cuban who TRYS to win than an owner like Krause who trys to break up winning teams:mad: :mad: :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HAWK23</b>!


I'de rather have an owner like Cuban who TRYS to win than an owner like Krause who trys to break up winning teams:mad: :mad: :mad:
Amen. It seems like Cuban is like the Yankees owner. He is willing to spend whatever it takes to have a championship team.

I wonder who would be included in the deal.
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HAWK23</b>!


I'de rather have an owner like Cuban who TRYS to win than an owner like Krause who trys to break up winning teams:mad: :mad: :mad:
What?! Krause is one of my least favorite owners, but atleast he's willing to re-build a team, and Cuban just trys to buy himself a championship. If the Mavs trade NVE for a good backup PG and a first round pick they should have good team chemistry. You just can't have 5 guys on the team that want to score 20 every night. You need to have role players, like the Lakers have, and like the Bulls had to win a championship.

Cuban and the Mavs are fine with this team...he got Dirk Nowitzki from the Draft....and traded to get Nash and Finley but that was a long time ago. These guys have been together now for 4 or 5 years, in another 2 or 3 they'll be a very good team and will be contending for a ring.

Look at the Kings, just becasue they don't win a championship it doesn't mean they need to go out and trade for a bunch of star players.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Don't think it would happen. They have to trade 2 of their big 3 (Nash, Finely and Dirk) to just make salary's fit, also I don't think that KG is worth 2 of those guys, if it was offered, I bet Minnesota would bite. Dirk is still improving, in 3 years, who is to say his inside game and rebounding is a slight bit down from KG, but his outside shooting way up?

-Petey
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top