Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time doing this. Since Theo is out I wil do it until he comes back. Here we go lol

Dallas Mavericks (47-23) vs Boston Celtics (38-32)

Wednesday March 30, 2005
7:00 ET/6:00 CT
Fleet Center, Boston, Mass

Starting Lineups​

Bench Players

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Thanks a million, Gambino. I've been away from the PC all day, and I just rushed online to get it done. You don't have to do this if you don't want to.
As for the game, it's a simple matter of controlling the role players. Walker and Pierce are likely going to get their's, but we need to keep Davis, Payton, Lafrentz, and in check. I'm predicting we do that and win 101-95.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mavs win 107-97.
A great game for the Mavs.A.Walker goes 4 for 23.
:banana:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
_Dre_ said:
Thanks a million, Gambino. I've been away from the PC all day, and I just rushed online to get it done. You don't have to do this if you don't want to.
As for the game, it's a simple matter of controlling the role players. Walker and Pierce are likely going to get their's, but we need to keep Davis, Payton, Lafrentz, and in check. I'm predicting we do that and win 101-95.
I don't mind it. It wasn't that bad lol. Theo asked me to do it one day and I guess this was the day.
As for the game I pick Dallas to win this one. They are playing very well on the defensive end. Everybody is stepping up especially Harris and Van Horn. If Dallas starts off fast like they have been doing since Avery started coaching. Dallas may have a great night. I think we will.

Dallas 101
Boston 88
Final.

·
Registered
391 Posts
After the Detroit game I have full confidence that we will not drop another game in the regular season. AJ knows his opponents and can decifer a plan to stop them in their tracks. If we had lost to the Pistons I would have said we would have lost this one too. However, as good as the Celtics squad looks on paper, they don't have the right chemistry to match it with us. Pierce or Shimmy would have to get on :fire:. Mavs win 112-104.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The Celtics have dropped 3 straight.
We're a very good team @ home.
we're gonna come out with a sense of urgency and take Dallas down.

Celtics 106
Mavs 102

PdP

·
Registered
427 Posts
The Mavs usually play well in Boston and handle them easily. But tonight I expect a really tough game since the C's have lost three straight. This game will come down to can they contain Pierce. If they can then I expect the Mavs to pull away in the fourth quarter. As Toine will take about ten ill-advised three's.

Mavs - 107

Celtics - 94

·
Registered
153 Posts
CLUTCH#41 said:
...A.Walker goes 4 for 23.
:banana:

Hahahaha, what a prediction.

Of course it will be a tough one. Perhaps much tougher than against Pistons.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been reading these threads for awhile so I decided to finally post.

This will be a good test of Dallas's new found defense. I think they will contain Walker and Pierce.

Mavericks - 97
Celtics - 89

·
Registered
391 Posts
This is the play I like to see from the Mavs, getting into the paint for dunks and knocking down the open threes. Just hope this timeout doen't slow our momentum. Up 11 with 6:54 left, should contain them for the win.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Mavs have done this well, thye have accelerated past there opponent when it counts the most, in the 4th quarter, up by 17 with 4:21 to go.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well me and Mavsman came tied 1st, both had the Mavs score correct and both were 4 away from the Celtics score. Mine was 112-104 and his was 112-96, both were four off. Also SMDre was 4 away, but ddin't get either of the scores correct, so by rules myself and Mavsman win this round. If we were going to go on 1st poster then I would get it, but who knows, maybe Dre can clear this up for us, since Theo! is away on camp, haha lol.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
nic game tonight by Dirk and Terry seems to play well against Payton.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts