Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center>

Dallas Mavericks (46-23) vs Detroit Pistons (43-26)

Starting Lineups:

vs.

<center>

Key Reserves

Daniels | Van Horn | Armstrong | Henderson

Delfino | Hunter | Campbell | McDyess

Key Matchup:

vs

</center>

Season Series
Dallas Mavericks 85 Detroit Pistons 101
0-1

Theo's keys to victory

- Dirk playing well besides offensively: Unfortunately, along with Shawn Marion, Rasheed Wallace may defend Dirk Nowitzki the best in the league. Never fear however, this is a new Dirk! He can help dominate games without offense, evidenced by his 15 rebounds, 5 block and only 11 point night against New Orleans in the previous match. If the Mavericks want a chance, Dirk will need to be grabbing rebounds and not letting the Wallaces snatch offensive rebounds

- Make 'em run: The Philadelphia 76ers absolutely walloped the Pistons on Saturday (for you crazy American's -- Friday). It all came down to Samuel Dalembert blocking shots and rebounding, and Andre Iguodala (and co.) stealing the ball. Dirk will need to be rounding and so will Bradley (theres an oxymoron). Our ever ready pick pocket guards (Daniels, Terry, Howard and Harris) will need to get some nice steals and run the break well

- Backcourt defense: A good proportion of Detroits points comes from their backcourt (yeah, Big Ben really has a nice offensive contribution :p ). We'll need Josh Howard to really shut down the energetic Rip Hamilton who is coming back from his ankle injury (second game back). We will need Jason Terry and Devin Harris to have a combined effort defensively on Chauncey Billups. Last match he torched us for 24 points, on 50% shooting

250 points to the prediction winner

Theo's vBookie Tip
Pistons (-3)
This means that the Pistons must win by 3 or more points (if you bet on them) to regain points. For Dallas to win, they just need to win and you will get your cash back and more. I suggest you bet on the Mavericks, I think they will pull a victory out. Since we are the underdogs, that's all we need. Detroit haven't been playing well lately

·
Registered
391 Posts
Dallas will struggel with this one, though I dont know if RIP is playing so if someone can inform me if he is playing, I will then make my guess at the score.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Rip played on Saturday so I'm guessing he will be in tonight because I don't think he re-aggravated anything.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
i'd like to see michael finley hit his first 5 three pointers and tie the record for most consecutive made without a miss...

·
Registered
427 Posts
This game is going to be a grind. I expect it to come down to the end with key defensive plays. We are going to have to play as a team to win. Dirk is going to bring a lot more scoring to this game. Ben Wallace needs to pick up some early fouls so he won't be able to be as aggressive.

Mavs - 95

Pistons - 87

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Im gonna call it 103-94 for the Pistons, I dont think they will have any more no energy performances this year. It getting too close to GO time and as a championship team they have to switch it on and keep it on.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
So begins a difficult road trip for the Mavs. This will be an interesting game for both teams. Both needs a win to see where they are going into the playoffs. Dallas is playing much much better ball for obvious reasons while Detroit is struggling a little bit now. I think Dallas avenges there loss from earlier in the year and they come out on top but will be a grind.

Dallas 94
Detroit 90
Final.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mavs win 99-93
Its going to be a defensive showdown.Hopefully Damp plays.
:banana:

·
Registered
391 Posts
NBA.com-

AUBURN HILLS, Michigan (Ticker) -- The Dallas Mavericks kick off a difficult four-game road trip Monday with a visit to the Detroit Pistons.

Winners of seven of their last nine games, the Mavericks take on four teams with a record at .500 or better in a span of six days, beginning with Monday's matchup.

They enter the trip on a high after a 117-86 rout of the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday. Michael Finley led the way with 26 points on 8-of-8 shooting from 3-point range.

Finley's effort was one shy of matching the NBA record for most 3-pointers made without a miss in one game and helped Dallas roll despite a poor shooting performance by Dirk Nowitzki.

Nowitzki, who averaged 30.5 points over his previous four games, was 3-of-12 from the field and scored just 11 points. His three baskets and 11 points both matched season lows but he was able to grab 14 rebounds to contribute to the Mavericks' largest margin of victory this season.

The Pistons had to work overtime to get back on the winning track Saturday, topping the Boston Celtics, 105-99. The win snapped Detroit's three-game losing streak and kept the club 5 1/2 games ahead of the surging Chicago Bulls in the Central Division.

Rasheed Wallace scored a season-high 31 points and Richard Hamilton added 22, eight rebounds and eight assists as the Pistons improved to 1-1 on their current five-game homestand.

Chauncey Billups scored 24 points and handed out eight assists in Detroit's 101-85 win over Dallas on December 6.

Mavs win it 102-95.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mavs were killing Detroit with 2:34 left 40-23.Now its 42-33 at halftime.Good Game so far before their run started.

·
Registered
955 Posts
this is going to be a tough one, mavz 97-92, thats probably too high but we'll see

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
My vBookie money is on the Mavs.

First half is winding down and Dallas is letting the Pistons back into the game. Just a little while ago the Pistons had only 4 points in the second quarter, but then the Mavs had only 10. The Pistons can't feel too bad considering how awful they were scoring prior to that little run they put together to finish the second quarter.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nice game so far. Howard and Finley started the game great. Too bad we let them catch up at the end of the quarter. Hopefully we can get everyone else flowing.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
It certainly felt better when the score was 40-23, but its still a nice first half. Being up by nine on the road against a good team sure beats being down by nine.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts