Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mavericks vs. New Orleans Hornets preview

7:30 p.m., American Airlines Center, FSNSW; ESPN-FM (103.3), KFLC-AM (1270, Spanish)

11:25 PM CST on Sunday, March 20, 2005

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Season series: Mavericks lead 3-0 (23-12 all-time)

Key matchup

Shawn Bradley vs. Jamaal Magloire: Magloire has missed most of the season, but in his only game against the Mavericks, he picked up a dozen rebounds to lead a strong New Orleans effort on the boards. He'll have to do the same tonight to make this into a game. Bradley is coming off one of his best games of the season. Now the big question: can he do it again?

Inside the Hornets

Commendable career: With one block, P.J. Brown will reach 1,000 for his career, making him the 26th player in NBA history with 8,000 points, 7,000 rebounds, 1,000 assists and 1,000 blocks. Hey, when you're as wretched as the Hornets, you take your highlights wher you can get them. Brown is one of the league's gritty warriors.

Briefly: Not to say that they fall on their sword easily, but they have a 1-43 record when trailing going into the fourth quarter. ... They have shot below 45 percent in 45 of their last 56 games.
Inside the Mavericks

Getting the point: Jason Terry's offense has perked up of late. The point guard has scored 20-plus points in four of the last eight games and is averaging 19.0 in those games. Before this streak, it took Terry 27 games to ring up four 20-plus scoring efforts. He's averaged 15.9 points since the All-Star break, second best on the team.

Briefly: The 11-point win against Charlotte on Saturday was their first double-digit victory since Feb. 23 at Utah. ... Over the last six games, Dirk Nowitzki is shooting 26 percent (5-of-19) from 3-point range.

·
Registered
155 Posts
no such thing as an "easy win" this season for the Mavs, but I liked the way they came out agressive last game against the Bobcats under AJ. if we can see that type of attitude consistently, Mavs should get some "easy wins" against teams they should be beating.

Mavs win 112 - 99

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
my prediction:
Hornets 100
-
Mavericks 107

·
Registered
391 Posts
DALLAS (Ticker) -- With Avery Johnson settled into the coaching role for the Dallas Mavericks, the club will look to finish a four-game homestand on a winning note.

Johnson took over for Don Nelson, who resigned from his post Saturday, and led the Mavericks to a 104-93 win over the Charlotte Bobcats.

The victory improved Johnson's record at the helm to 10-4. He had two separate stints filling in for Nelson earlier this season.

Dirk Nowitzki broke out of a shooting slump with 33 points on 12-of-20 shooting as Dallas cruised to its fourth win in five games overall. In his five previous games after returning from a sprained left knee, Nowitzki shot just 36 percent (35-of-98).

Dallas is 2-1 on its current homestand after Saturday's win and firmly planted in fourth place in the Western Conference standings.

The Hornets got six players in double figures - led by J.R. Smith's 21 points - but suffered a 113-100 setback to the Boston Celtics on Saturday.

Jamaal Magloire continued his strong return from a long layoff with 12 points and eight rebounds in 29 minutes.

Nowitzki is averaging 22.3 points, 7.7 rebounds and nearly three blocked shots in the Mavericks' three wins over the Hornets this season.
We should win and win this well for a morale booster. Everyone should be able to pull together as Avery is expecting everyone to put it all in and leave nothing of the court. If there is one good thing it is that everyone doesn't have to watch Chris Abderson show boating over nothing. Mavs win 108-91.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I expect an all around good game from the Mavs.

Mavs - 105

Hornets - 85

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
soulhunter_67 said:
I was wondering about that too, my yahoo gamechannel said
Dal - Double technical on S.Bradley, strange. what did he do?
I think it means that someone else got a technical, then he got a technical

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, we are pwn3ing them (aren't I cool "pwn3ing")

Is Quis injured? He has played 5 minutes

Devin Harris seems to be back: 8/2/1/1 -- 8 minutes

Jason Terry is having a poor game

52-27 Dallas

1 - 20 of 54 Posts