Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Click here to bet on this upcoming matchup. The spread is Mavericks +12.5. So we have to win by 13 or more points for you to get your money

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to Hap and Schilly, NVE isn't playing for the rest of the season

Dallas: 105
Portland: 89

We won't let them score above 90 for the 3rd time this year

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Blazers 91
Mavericks 90

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Season series: Mavericks lead, 2-0
Inside the Trail Blazers

Getting edgy: Center Joel Pryzbilla has slowly developed into a functional force in the paint. He's a good rebounder and has shown a nasty side recently, mixing it up with opponents on a couple of occasions. Still, the Mavericks would rather deal with Pryzbilla than, say, the injured Zach Randolph or the long-departed Rasheed Wallace.

Briefly: The Blazers have lost eight of 11 meetings against Dallas. ... They have scored 100 points or more only once in the last six meetings. ... They haven't won a road game since Feb. 14 at Charlotte and have not beaten a nonexpansion team on the road since Jan. 10 at Philadelphia.

Inside the Mavericks

Easy pickings? OK, maybe there's no such thing for the Mavericks. But the last three opponents on this homestand are headed to the lottery. So was Minnesota, which won at AAC on Tuesday. This game features a Portland team without Zach Randolph and Nick Van Exel and which wasn't very good to begin with. "It's a game you'd better win, I'd say," coach Don Nelson said.

Briefly: Josh Howard had a career- high six blocked shots Tuesday against Minnesota. ... A win tonight would be the Mavericks' fourth in a row over Portland. They haven't beaten the Blazers four consecutive times since the 1984-85 season.

Key matchup

Jason Terry vs. Sebastian Telfair: The Trail Blazers don't have much to watch in the way of compelling players, so the rookie point guard is a good one to spotlight. He has been starting for a couple of weeks and has shown glimpses of greatness. Making the jump from high school to the NBA seems tougher for point guards, because very few do it. Terry will be tested, although Telfair is prone to turnovers.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
This game will show me where we are at. This Portland team has been absolutley pathetic lately, and if we can't beat them, and beat them handily, that would show me the true identity of our team. I expect us to win, but it wouldn't surprise me if we drop this one.

Dallas-103
Portland-93

·
Registered
153 Posts
DHarris34Phan said:
This game will show me where we are at. This Portland team has been absolutley pathetic lately, and if we can't beat them, and beat them handily, that would show me the true identity of our team. I expect us to win, but it wouldn't surprise me if we drop this one.

Dallas-103
Portland-93

I don`t agree with you on this one.
This is because a team doesn`t show its real value when playing with easy-to-beat teams. I think we will show our value when we play Dallas and Boston away after these 4-5 matches.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If the Mavs don't totally blowout this team they are in A LOT of trouble. The Blazers probably along with the Hawks are the worst teams in the NBA. They have a lot of injured players and shouldn't even put up a fight. I expect the Mavs to come out and put this game away early.

Mavs - 110

Blazers - 90

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Mavs41 said:
If the Mavs don't totally blowout this team they are in A LOT of trouble. The Blazers probably along with the Hawks are the worst teams in the NBA. They have a lot of injured players and shouldn't even put up a fight. I expect the Mavs to come out and put this game away early.

I agree, this should be an easy win with Portland having so many injured players.

112-89 Mavs

·
Registered
5 Posts
mavs 106
blazers 98

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
For some reason I believe we will come out with some fire. I don't know why because we have not done much of that at home lately.

Mavs win 108-91

·
Registered
391 Posts
I beleive that a lot of our form slump is confidence and if we win by a blowout then our confidence can be strong enough until Stack and Damp get back. However on that not I just can never see the Mavs winning by a blowout this season, Mavs win 98-90.

·
Registered
155 Posts
after the loss to the Wolves, the Mavs had better come out with a killer instinct. the Mavs need to be sadistic and blow out these bad teams,

·
Registered
155 Posts
J Ho airs his 1st shot, 2nd shot blocked by Prybzilla, then a monster dunk!

Bradley gets elbowed in the mouth, needs stitches, and fouls SAR all in the same play.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Portland turning it over, but Dallas can't capitalize.

Portland is pushing the ball hard early.

Defensive 3 in the key called on Portland. FT was missed.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Off to a very slow start, shooting 29% for 4 points...I know it's just the beginning but we need to improve that, vastly.

Joe Pryzbilla already has 2 blocks on us, after 3 minutes

1 - 20 of 115 Posts