Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready for football season already. Let's go ahead and move everything up a week

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Hell yeah. I'm pumped.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
No Oregon-LSU in Week 1 this year :(, but we have some decent games.

I am looking at Vanderbilt/South Carolina, Michigan/Alabama, Clemson/Auburn, North Carolina State/Tennessee, and Georgia Tech/Virginia Tech as being the watchable games next week.

I miss when Florida State and Miami used to play on Labor Day.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
I have a countdown clock on my desktop...Geaux Tigers!

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I completely forgot Michigan State-Boise State is next Friday. That's actually probably the game of the week, not sure where GameDay is going.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I'm excited for that one. I think both of those teams will be pretty good this year.

Sent from my iPad using VS Free
How are you feeling about the ACC this year?

I don't have a good feel for the top two teams, but I like the quality of the top half of the league. Georgia Tech and NC State are dark horse 10 win teams this year.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
How are you feeling about the ACC this year?

I don't have a good feel for the top two teams, but I like the quality of the top half of the league. Georgia Tech and NC State are dark horse 10 win teams this year.
Virginia Tech is going to be Virginia Tech, I expect Logan Thomas to have a great year and become a household name. I like NC State a lot, Glennon can sling it and they have some pieces on defense (not just David Amerson), I think they could put it together this year and challenge for the ACC title. Miami is going to be bad, and they have a pretty tough schedule. North Carolina should be decent, but of course they're not eligible for postseason play.

I think Clemson takes a step back this year. Their defensive issues were obviously exposed in front of a national audience last year and I'm not sure they'll be any better now. They lost some weapons on offense and really started to struggle a lot more towards the end of the year last year as teams adjusted to what they're doing. Dewayne Allen is a big loss too.

My Noles will have one of the best defenses in the nation, but I'm still not sold on the offense being national title caliber. We had a horrible offensive line last year and will be bringing in an entirely new line with literally almost no FBS experience between them. Our left tackle has never played a down of offensive line in his football career at any level. If EJ Manuel goes down, we're screwed IMO. We have very little depth at RB with Mario Pender redshirting. We have two guys coming off back injuries (Chris Thompson and Devonta Freeman) and an unproven back who is one strike away from being off the team (James Wilder Jr.) -- that's it. The receiving corps is very good and very deep, but again I worry about the OL giving Manuel the time throw the ball down field. All in all, I think we'll be favored in every game but won't run the table. We'll lose 1 or 2 games between the NC State game in Raleigh, the Virginia Tech game in Blacksburg and the potential rematch with VT in the ACC title game. Don't think it comes down to FSU and Clemson in the Atlantic though, I think the FSU/NC State game in Raleigh decides it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts