Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So come playoffs, the heat dont have a defensive weakness in Jones, they have a handless footless torso. This guy is sooo useless on the defensive end, Luke Walton is better at defense for goodness sakes. Look for mr Cocky *** can't do anything but hit WIDE OPEN 3s to get smacked around come playoffs, the Heat should really consider starting Butler at 3 and Jones at 2, or atleast bring jones off the floor really quickly, well actually, i dont want them to win at all, but im trying not to be bias, what do you Heat fan think of Damon Jones steller D? And does this pose a serious Problem for the Heat in the playoffs.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wow. I'm glad I read that nonsense.

My favorite part is:

Travis76 said:
well actually, i dont want them to win at all, but im trying not to be bias
OH, OKAY. You sure sold me. If I were that good at selling something, I'd probably sell ice to eskimos :rolleyes: Dude, 90% of what you post is anti-Miami Heat. Stop trying to be non-biased.

I just hope Kobe et al. play good defense for the Lakers in the postseason, otherwise the Lakers are going to be...wait, nevermind. I was thinking of the Lakers when they were actually good (you know, with Shaq...)

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
WSU151 said:
I just hope Kobe et al. play good defense for the Lakers in the postseason, otherwise the Lakers are going to be...wait, nevermind. I was thinking of the Lakers when they were actually good (you know, with Shaq...)
:laugh: Nice.

Damon Jones is a huge liability on defense, but it's not like we havn't known this all season.

·
Whiteside of the Moon
9,694 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks Dools should be starting? He brings fire to this (as of right now) cold Miami Heat team, with losses to Charlotte, and a depleted Indy team. I believe we've lost 3 of the last 5, and I'm really starting to question SVG's coaching ability. This guy is right, Damon Jones is a big liability on the defensive end of the floor. Damon jones would be just as effective coming off the bench and shooting 3's (You know, like most pure 3pt shooters). But for some reason he is still starting. I love Damon, but come on.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
If I were you guys, i wouldn't worry about the losses to Charlotte and the depleted Pacers.

You guys are just savin' it for the playoffs.

I really don't see how anyone but the Spurs could beat you in a 7 game series. Seriously, don't stress about SVG or Damon Jones.

Just look at it from a Nets fan perspective...

Enjoy your success while it lasts, cuz look what happened to us...

·
Whiteside of the Moon
9,694 Posts
furnace said:
If I were you guys, i wouldn't worry about the losses to Charlotte and the depleted Pacers.

You guys are just savin' it for the playoffs.

I really don't see how anyone but the Spurs could beat you in a 7 game series. Seriously, don't stress about SVG or Damon Jones.

Just look at it from a Nets fan perspective...

Enjoy your success while it lasts, cuz look what happened to us...
Word up my brotha. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
You're like the Soup Nazi without the Soup.

Reactions: WSU151

·
Registered
881 Posts
gian said:
You're like the Soup Nazi without the Soup.
Lol! That's the best post I've seen you make. Priceless :clap:

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
we just have to be more alert on offense. we have made some mistakes the past few games - wade didnt know the score , and DJ wasnt guarding the 3 point line - why keyon wasnt in is mind boggling - stan ALWAYS puts keyon in on defense. stan's fault too. we cant repeat these mistakes, so if we learn from them , no one has a chance against us.
i dont know what the lineup was when stephen jax hit that 3, but it shouldve been (without eddie) keyon, wade, shandon, zo, shaq.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Travis76 said:
So come playoffs, the heat dont have a defensive weakness in Jones, they have a handless footless torso. This guy is sooo useless on the defensive end, Luke Walton is better at defense for goodness sakes. Look for mr Cocky *** can't do anything but hit WIDE OPEN 3s to get smacked around come playoffs, the Heat should really consider starting Butler at 3 and Jones at 2, or atleast bring jones off the floor really quickly, well actually, i dont want them to win at all, but im trying not to be bias, what do you Heat fan think of Damon Jones steller D? And does this pose a serious Problem for the Heat in the playoffs.
Your actually right about Jones defense, can't argue that. But if Damon was a good defender, he'd probably be an All-Star becaus he's that good offensively. Too bad the Lakers don't have a 4th option like that. But you guys wouldn't know because Kobe is the 1st,2nd,3rd, & 4th option on the Lakers. Well good luck w/ the lottery pick.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Heated said:
Am I the only one who thinks Dools should be starting? He brings fire to this (as of right now) cold Miami Heat team, with losses to Charlotte, and a depleted Indy team. I believe we've lost 3 of the last 5, and I'm really starting to question SVG's coaching ability. This guy is right, Damon Jones is a big liability on the defensive end of the floor. Damon jones would be just as effective coming off the bench and shooting 3's (You know, like most pure 3pt shooters). But for some reason he is still starting. I love Damon, but come on.
You are underestimating what Damon brings to the table. he's not only a great shooter, he's a great offensive player. Even when he doesn't hit the shot, or even gets the ball, the spacing he creates for the HEAT is priceless. Shooters like Jones are very hard to come by in the NBA now, i like the fact we have a pure shooter in the starting lineup.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Travis76 said:
At least he'll be making the playoffs!!!

Cant say the same for Kome...:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Can we just go ahead and declare this guy the biggest Shaq/Heat hater and Kobe/Laker jocker on the entire site?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Captain Obvious said:
Can we just go ahead and declare this guy the biggest Shaq/Heat hater and Kobe/Laker jocker on the entire site?
Yes

·
Whiteside of the Moon
9,694 Posts
Junior21 said:
You are underestimating what Damon brings to the table. he's not only a great shooter, he's a great offensive player. Even when he doesn't hit the shot, or even gets the ball, the spacing he creates for the HEAT is priceless. Shooters like Jones are very hard to come by in the NBA now, i like the fact we have a pure shooter in the starting lineup.
Dools can get it done on both sides of the floor. The only thing that I see Damon doing better than Dooling is shooting the 3. Damon is an excellent 3 pt shooter, and the best one on the team. But that's about the only thing he does better than Dooling. I'd rather have the all around player in, and the scorer coming off the bench. Makes sense doesn't it?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Heated said:
Dools can get it done on both sides of the floor. The only thing that I see Damon doing better than Dooling is shooting the 3. Damon is an excellent 3 pt shooter, and the best one on the team. But that's about the only thing he does better than Dooling. I'd rather have the all around player in, and the scorer coming off the bench. Makes sense doesn't it?
Yeah, but we have Wade & eddie Jones as our slasher/scorers. Dooling is the same type of player. Don't get me wrong, Dooling proably is the better one-on-one player & better all around player, but chemistry-wise Jones is a better fit. Damon's our John Paxon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts