Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a friend's house for dinner tonight - he has the NBA League Pass and his wife was gracious enough to let him watch the game with me.

Brian, my friend, had one major observation about the Blazer offense (he watches numerous teams with the Pass, but this is the first time he's watched a Blazer game this year):

He said that everytime Damon Stoudamire was in the game after the first quarter, the Blazers' offense looked stagnant. He especially loved the way that Damon got the ball with 33 seconds left, dribbled the ball for 10 seconds and THEN tried to run a play. Needless to say, he was less than enthusiastic about the general play of the Blazers' starting PG.

So, I just ran another analysis of Damon's contribution to the TEAM effort (not his individual statistics). You might remember that in the Phoenix game, Damon's +/- rating was an astounding -31. It wasn't quite that bad tonight.

When Damon was on the court - 27 minutes
Dallas outscored the Blazers 68-53

When Damon was on the bench - 21 minutes
Portland outscored the Maverics 51-40

Giving Damon a composite +/- rating of -26. Not quite as bad as on Thursday - but close.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I can't believe Damon is starting over Jeff. If this is Mo's call, then he is either a total fool, or he's completely gutless and doesn't want to hurt Damon's feelings. I'm hoping this decision is coming from the top, and they are just trying to showcase Damon for a trade. Or at least not bury him on the bench to the point where the rest of the league thinks he's worthless and wants no part of him.

·
Registered
519 Posts
well everyone thinks it is Wallace going to be traded..oh joy if it was Mighty Mouse....:laugh:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
SoCal - Thanks for keeping track of the +/-. Any idea how McInnis' +/- numbers look by contrast?

If he were even a 0 +/-, he'd be an immense upgrade. That's the positive...Damon is so bad, that giving his minutes even to a guy who simply breaks even will upgrade things a lot.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
SoCal - Thanks for keeping track of the +/-. Any idea how McInnis' +/- numbers look by contrast?

If he were even a 0 +/-, he'd be an immense upgrade. That's the positive...Damon is so bad, that giving his minutes even to a guy who simply breaks even will upgrade things a lot.
Good idea! I'm starting a thread comparing McInnis and Stoudamire, beginning with the 1/15 game against Phoenix. I'll update the thread after each game.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.