Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys are going to have to listen to this one on your own. I thought it was funny myself. While talking to Damon yesterday, he went into this long explanation of how he's not a "point guard", he's a "lead guard". You can listen to the sound byte here:

http://www.basketballnewsservices.com/news/AudioArchive.shtml#39

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Maybe he was just mispronouncing lead, the metal? As in, he's the type of guard that's so dense he weighs the team down.

Dan

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dkap</b>!
Maybe he was just mispronouncing lead, the metal? As in, he's the type of guard that's so dense he weighs the team down.

Dan
Or...maybe it's lead - as in, past tense - as in, he lead the team....at one point. ;)

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Or...maybe it's lead - as in, past tense - as in, he lead the team....at one point.
I tried that one, but that would be "led" not "lead," although I doubt Arizona schooled Damon all that well.

As an aside, didn't he just finish up course work this summer? I seem to recall that's what the infamous metal detector incident was related to.

Dan

·
Banned
11,117 Posts

I tried that one, but that would be "led" not "lead," although I doubt Arizona schooled Damon all that well.
True. Good point. I went to Lakeridge, after all. ;)

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Lake O. for me. Must be that thin air up on the hill. ;)

I started out at Benson and went to Jr High with Damon's right hand man to be at Wilson... (Aaron McKinney)

Dan

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Lake O. for me.
"In the land of tall green fir trees
In the great Northwest
Stands a school at Lake Oswego
Ranked among the best..."

You can NEVER get enough of that song. :yes:

Serious question - with all the expansion and new buildings going up at the two respective high schools, is Lakeridge finally going to get their own football field? Or will they continue to have to mooch off of LO?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Wow, I never even learned that much of the song, let alone remembered it. :eek:

I can only assume you're a relocated Laker?

I haven't ventured onto the grounds of the school since major construction got underway, but I've driven by a couple times and it looks pretty darn impressive. Don't know anything about the changes at Lakeridge, though.

Dan

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Remember: you can lead a horse to water, but you have to be strong and determined to drown it!

Any analogies involving Damon and Zach are left to your imagination.:angel:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Damon is a lead guard, either he is leading the blazers to a win or leading them to a loss. Most of the time it's number two.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hmmm... I guess a lead point guard = point guard who has no clue how to pass in a way that actually makes your team mates better.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Damon actually is a lead guard, like Stephon Marbury and Steve Francis and Allen Iverson (early in his career).

The thing is, he's a BAD lead guard. He does a lousy job of penetrating and finishing and his perimeter game isn't good enough to make up for it. Marbury and Francis make things happen offensively, even if they shoot more than many would like to see a point guard shoot. Damon isn't in that class.

Damon would probably be a better point guard than a lead guard, but since he considers himself the latter it probably dooms him to the wrong side of average for the rest of his career.

Ed O.

·
Registered
762 Posts
ED that is a very good assessment of Damon, add to that Damon doesn't have the basketball sense those guys do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts