Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Damon's the only Blazer from the 2000 WCF team, right?

315 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Blazer Ringbearer 
#1 ·
Isn't that crazy?

Presto changeo- we've blown up our team!

#3 ·
If I had to take a guess

Guess who gets shipped out of town next? There is only one Blazer left on this team that was considered a troublemaker..you got it..Damon! With 4 PG on the roster, my next guess is that Nash has telegraphed his next move, and he has found somebody who will take Damon, and that move will come up before the deadline.

#5 ·
Re: If I had to take a guess

Originally posted by <b>hasoos</b>!
Guess who gets shipped out of town next? There is only one Blazer left on this team that was considered a troublemaker..you got it..Damon! With 4 PG on the roster, my next guess is that Nash has telegraphed his next move, and he has found somebody who will take Damon, and that move will come up before the deadline.
Are you forgetting one Rueben Patterson?

#6 ·
True

Ruben has been a troublemaker too, but in a different way. I don't think the moves Nash has made seem to telegraph so much a SF move though. SAR is a tweener who can play both spots. Ruben is a guy who can end up sitting on the bench and providing energy when he is brought in, no matter how long he has been rotting on the bench. Damon cannot. I do not see this team maintaining its roster as is before deadline.

#9 ·
Originally posted by <b>Blazer Ringbearer</b>!
It's a shame we couldn't have sent Damon to Atlanta and gotten Terry in the deal as well...
I'm actually glad we didn't

Terrys deal is one year longer then damons and it would take us out of the 05 FA hunt possibility.

Plus I don't think terry is really a solution at pg I'd rather let damon walk or use his expiring contract(next year) for another trade to acquire talent.

#10 ·
Fair enough...

But in order to really be in the '05 hunt we'll have to let a lot of good talent walk for nothing in return.

And then for what?

Who was the last franchise player free agent to switch teams?

McGrady maybe? Even then he was an unknown quanity. And what makes Portland so attractive besides a nice chunk of bling?

As far as Terry, maybe he wouldn't have been the perfect point guard, but I think he would have been a big upgrade in defense and upside, and hopefully running the offense. Do you sit on your thumbs and wait for Stockton to come along, or do you jump on the chance to improve your team?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.