Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Grizz will make another run at Erick Dampier before the trade deadline. He's everything Memphis thinks its needs inside -- a rebounder, a banger, a solid low-post defender. But the Warriors aren't sure what to do. They know Damp will opt out of his deal at season's end and have to think about dealing him when he's at his maximum trade value. But they consider Dampier one of the top 10 centers in the league and won't give him away, especially when they aren't sure if Adonal Foyle can stay healthy.
Link

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
I really wish Foyle would have been healthy this season. I consider him the main reason this deal has been held up for so long.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
I think you are going to see the Grizzlies make a big offer for Dampier and will probably have take Eschmeyer and another bad contract. IMO I think we take that and try to add another Posey-type with our MLE over the summer. I won't even mind overpaying Dampier after he opts out.

Maybe we can do a 3 way with Portland getting what we send:

Eric Dampier and Van Exel to Memphis

Rasheed Wallace to Golden State

Stromille Swift, Shane Battier, Bo Outlaw, Troy Bell, Big Jake and Ryan Humphrey to Portland

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Dampier is sick, it would really help the Grizzlies, thats EXACTLY what they need... and if anyone can get him, its Jerry West... Memphis doesnt want Van Exel i dont think, hes a brat and said he doesnt want to play in anywhere but Texas next year, and that means he doesnt want to play anywhere but Texas this year...

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
dampier would be great if we can somehow get him. van exel? i know it's like a trend to have 2 good guards in one team nowadays(bibby+jackson, nash+van exel last season, payton+cassell last season) but i don't really see a point. nick has a HORRIBLE contract, and doesn't do much more than JWill to deserve it. Watson may not be as good as van exel, but his contract is a lot sweeter. the last thing this young team needs is ugly contracts to take up cap space.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MemphisX</b>!
I think you are going to see the Grizzlies make a big offer for Dampier and will probably have take Eschmeyer and another bad contract. IMO I think we take that and try to add another Posey-type with our MLE over the summer. I won't even mind overpaying Dampier after he opts out.

Maybe we can do a 3 way with Portland getting what we send:

Eric Dampier and Van Exel to Memphis

Rasheed Wallace to Golden State

Stromille Swift, Shane Battier, Bo Outlaw, Troy Bell, Big Jake and Ryan Humphrey to Portland
How is Portland suppose to take 6 guys off your hands for just
Rasheed Wallace? I think they would have a little roster problem.
Besides the fact that they are not going to give a up quality for
quantity.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mavsman</b>!

How is Portland suppose to take 6 guys off your hands for just
Rasheed Wallace? I think they would have a little roster problem.
Besides the fact that they are not going to give a up quality for
quantity.
Any PDX fan would die if they were able to get Swift, Battier, AND Troy Bell for just Wallace. Don't fool yourself -- he's not worth much as you think he is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts