Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you guys think will be the better NBA player? Here is a video I made where I compare the two players.

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,585 Posts
Russell's ball skills allow him to be more versatile at any of the guard positions. Mudiay needs the ball in his hands to be effective. While Mudiay has the higher ceiling due to his athleticism I'd be more confident in Russell being able to contribute quicker in his career. He's also easier to build around IMO. Both are solid guard prospects though.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Mudiay for me. He and Porzingis are the only guys to have superstar potential in my opinion.

He strikes me as the next John Wall. Russell strikes me as a poor mans Chris Paul. Both will be good, and Russell has a good chance to be better.... but Mudiay could be great.

I take the risk and draft Mudiay.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Mudiay for me. He and Porzingis are the only guys to have superstar potential in my opinion.

He strikes me as the next John Wall. Russell strikes me as a poor mans Chris Paul. Both will be good, and Russell has a good chance to be better.... but Mudiay could be great.

I take the risk and draft Mudiay.
Porzingis probably has a greater probability of turning into Tskitishvili, in my opinion. Color me skeptical. He's too damn skinny right now. Talented, but will get tossed around like a sack of potatoes.

Mudiay put up some good numbers in China, but it was against a bunch of Chinese. Russell has definitely proven himself more thus far.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Porzingis probably has a greater probability of turning into Tskitishvili, in my opinion. Color me skeptical. He's too damn skinny right now. Talented, but will get tossed around like a sack of potatoes.

Mudiay put up some good numbers in China, but it was against a bunch of Chinese. Russell has definitely proven himself more thus far.
You should look at the league he was playing in. No, it was not a "bunch of Chinese" he was playing against. It's a pro league.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yeah, but I think we can both agree that the NCAA has more talent to compete against. I mean, Starbury has been bossing it up over in China for a few years now, and he's not a spring chicken anymore.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Yeah, but I think we can both agree that the NCAA has more talent to compete against. I mean, Starbury has been bossing it up over in China for a few years now, and he's not a spring chicken anymore.
Its the factor that is playing against grown men. NBA talent evaluators believe that it matters more in acclimating someone to NBA play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts