·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discuss.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Danny Ainge has done a very good job, but I don't think his accomplishments measure up to what's been done in Seattle, Chicago, Phoenix, or Houston.

He's taken a solid playoff team, blown them up, and rebuilt them as a solid playoff team. Wait until they're significantly better than they were in 2002 before you start handing him trophies.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
I really like the little moves that Houston have made throughout the season. I haven't sat down and really looked at it enough to give them my vote for sure, but they're up there.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Danny Ainge should not even get a vote for GM of the year.
Trading back for a guy you already had because you refused to give him a chance isn't what I call a GM of anything.

Phoenix or Miami's GM's have done better.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
I like the job that John Paxson did with the bulls. He opted not to trade anyone important, added Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, and Chris Duhon through the draft, and got Andres Nocioni through free agency. Then he added Othello Harrington, and eric Piatowski who have been important in a few games this year.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah, he'll get it next year after the Eddy Curry S&T...

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
I would have to give it to the Miami GM because with a maxed out payroll were still able to bring in solid players like Damon Jones, Shandon Anderson, Laettner, Zo, Keyon Dooling, and Michael Doleac.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Laker Freak said:
I would have to give it to the Miami GM because with a maxed out payroll were still able to bring in solid players like Damon Jones, Shandon Anderson, Laettner, Zo, Keyon Dooling, and Michael Doleac.
Riles also got Shaq without having to give up Wade!!!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Have to second Riley. Not only getting Shaq but getting the right pieces around Shaq and Wade

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Carroll Dawson and Pat Riley. They both did two things: made impact trades for top-five players without giving up their most valuable asset (Wade for Miami, Yao for Houston) and did a good job of surrounding their two man core with productive role-players when most assumed they'd have little to nothing beyond their top two.

I think it's a dead heat between them. Riley got the bigger immediate impact player in O'Neal but Dawson got the guy with more career value remaining.

·
Registered
414 Posts
RP McMurphy said:
Danny Ainge has done a very good job, but I don't think his accomplishments measure up to what's been done in Seattle, Chicago, Phoenix, or Houston.

He's taken a solid playoff team, blown them up, and rebuilt them as a solid playoff team. Wait until they're significantly better than they were in 2002 before you start handing him trophies.
The 02-03 Celtics were a solid playoff team? They were a shell of the team that went to the ECF and were lucky to get out of the first round. The talent is significantly upgraded now compared to what it was when Ainge took over in May 03.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts