Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't matter he does while he is here and it never mattered what he did.

Aquaitious can tell you how right I have been about things in the past and he knows the reason why. It doesn't matter to me if you believe me but I have been right in the past and I am right now.

Things could change but don't expect that because Danny never wanted Antoine back here and he refuses to give him a chance.
He also wants to get rid of Pierce but the owners will only do that with a blockbuster.

·
Registered
971 Posts
ThereisnoIinteam3 said:
It doesn't matter he does while he is here and it never mattered what he did.

Aquaitious can tell you how right I have been about things in the past and he knows the reason why. It doesn't matter to me if you believe me but I have been right in the past and I am right now.

Things could change but don't expect that because Danny never wanted Antoine back here and he refuses to give him a chance.
He also wants to get rid of Pierce but the owners will only do that with a blockbuster.
do you have a sourse of anything?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
She was right the first time. When we all attacked her about Walker being traded, she came out on top.

Once again I'll try to be blind and hope she's wrong. :D

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
If the Celtics take a first round dive, or get swept out of the second round, Ainge will probably get his way. But if the team really is ready for prime time, and makes a run, I don't think the decision will end up being his. The Celtics cable deal is the worst in the NBA, they rely, absolutely, on ticket sales to pad the bottom line. if they blow up the team in the offseason, after making a run, those sales are going to plunge again this offseason. Also working in 'Toine's favour is the fact that the team is putting its radio rights out to bid. They aren't going to find increasing offers if they're selling devalued product. So, if the team makes the ECF the owners are likely to cut a reasonable deal with Walker.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
aquaitious said:
She was right the first time. When we all attacked her about Walker being traded, she came out on top.

Once again I'll try to be blind and hope she's wrong. :D

yea well if she's right this time then i guess we can all bow to her...or not.

noone knows what's going to happen because noone knows what is going to happen the rest of this year, in the playoffs, etc. This is a totally different situation than last time and I could care less what this person's 'inside' knowledge tells us. When the decision is ultimately made months from now after all is said and done w/ this season then we can worry about it. Until then, posts like this with claims that make no sense at this point in time are pointless and get in the way of the important things we should be talking about, liek the Knicks and the Atl Division Race.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Premier said:
:wave: Lately, a lot of old posters have been coming back. :rofl:

how ironic isn't it? yet they still have the hatred for ainge even with the way he has molded this team. itz quite sad.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Richie Rich said:
yea well if she's right this time then i guess we can all bow to her...or not.

noone knows what's going to happen because noone knows what is going to happen the rest of this year, in the playoffs, etc. This is a totally different situation than last time and I could care less what this person's 'inside' knowledge tells us. When the decision is ultimately made months from now after all is said and done w/ this season then we can worry about it. Until then, posts like this with claims that make no sense at this point in time are pointless and get in the way of the important things we should be talking about, liek the Knicks and the Atl Division Race.
Very nice post Richie

·
Registered
2,849 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I don't think you can compare the first time with this time. At that time, Walker was already with the Celtics and Ainge honestly thought he couldn't fit in with the run and gun style of play that he wanted the Celtics to play. He thought Walker was just gonna keep playing point forward and chuck threes. This time around, Ainge actually brought him back and discovered that he was dead wrong. Walker fits in great with the system, and he's using his talents much better. I also think he may have second thoughts about trading Pierce now, seeing how the 2 of them play together. Obviously, you can't crown them champions until they've won one, but this is a business, and they're winning games - a lot of games. Fan interest has gone way up since the return of Walker. You can't ignore that. He may not sign Walker if he demands too much, but I do think the Celtics can offer him more than any other team without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
me said:
Secondly, trading for Allen means that we are dumping Pierce's contract because Allen has an expiring contract. Walker also has an expiring contract. This likely means Antoine won't resign as Danny likely wants to rebuild with lots of cap room. Don't be suprised to see Pierce traded in the off season.
I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Reactions: whiterhino

·
Banned
41 Posts
It has pretty much been noted on talk radio that it wasn't Danny Ainge's idea to bring back Antoine. After he agreed with whoever's idea it was he actually had Celtics players call Antoine and hint around at the idea of being traded back here all the while Danny Ainge was telling both newspapers that there was no discussion going on.

We know about a deal being discussed that would have Paul going to Seattle so Paul is on the block.

It would not surprise me at all if Danny had no intentions of bringing back Antoine. When has anything he has done made sense?

He better be prepared to lose a good percentage of his paying fan base if he doesn't re-sign Antoine because a lot of the season ticket holders I know won't be back if he blows up this team. We are all very fed up with the way he runs things for a very long time. I know I won't be paying these prices to watch the rookies learn the game for the next five years.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Tas said:
It has pretty much been noted on talk radio

talk radio unfortunately one of the worst sources of info out there

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
mrsister said:
I don't think you can compare the first time with this time. At that time, Walker was already with the Celtics and Ainge honestly thought he couldn't fit in with the run and gun style of play that he wanted the Celtics to play. He thought Walker was just gonna keep playing point forward and chuck threes. This time around, Ainge actually brought him back and discovered that he was dead wrong. Walker fits in great with the system, and he's using his talents much better. I also think he may have second thoughts about trading Pierce now, seeing how the 2 of them play together. Obviously, you can't crown them champions until they've won one, but this is a business, and they're winning games - a lot of games. Fan interest has gone way up since the return of Walker. You can't ignore that. He may not sign Walker if he demands too much, but I do think the Celtics can offer him more than any other team without breaking the bank.

BOO-YA

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
If this team continues winning and makes a serious run in the playoffs, Danny won't be able to trade Peirce and he will re-sign Antoine, you don't blow up a team that are title contenders, that's what you BUILD a team for in the first place

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
whiterhino said:
If this team continues winning and makes a serious run in the playoffs, Danny won't be able to trade Peirce and he will re-sign Antoine, you don't blow up a team that are title contenders, that's what you BUILD a team for in the first place

Finally another intelligent poster speaks the truth I feel as if we share a similar mind lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts