Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
6'10" 18 year old raw prospect, but he brings a nice skillset to the table. Has great height and length for the SF position, can pass well, gets steals, can block shots, good rebounder, but needs to work on his shot. Not totally incapable shooting the three, but it's not a strength either. His FT% is wildly unimpressive right now, but it's based off of a very small sample size.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
I fixed your video, sir.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is he still raw? Seems like I've been hearing about this guy for a couple years. Work on your skills, kid!
Yeah he's still raw, he's only 18 years old. He has a ton of skills, that's probably what's keeping him relatively raw. He plays basically 1-4 at this point, hard for a young kid to really buckle down and develop a singular play style when he's being asked to do a lot of things.

He should be a 1st round pick no doubt, I hope he goes somewhere that plans to use him.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
Chad Ford has him going 13th to the Mavs will one major "but":

Analysis: I'm hearing quite loudly from multiple sources the Mavs are likely to trade this pick to save cap room for a run at Dwight Howard this summer. If they keep the pick, the Mavs are as high on Saric as any team in the league. They feel, along with a handful of other teams, Saric might have the highest basketball IQ of anyone in the draft and might be one of the two or three players who could be a star someday. While it's entirely possible the Pelicans or Trail Blazers grab Saric earlier, I don't think he slides past No. 13 if the Mavs hold on to their pick.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/story/_/id/9299240/2013-nba-draft-chad-ford-mock-draft-30

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be happy to have him. He's got great size, can handle, can pass, can shoot, solid rebounder, can make plays defensively, and he's still really young.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
I hear that his shot needs a lot of work. He might have some Jan Vesely potential.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jan Vesely was an athlete, Saric is a basketball player.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
So word is that Saric is going to pull out of the draft and play another year in Europe to polish his game. If Dallas is really looking to deal its pick in order to keep cap space open, it seems to me that it makes the most sense for the Mavs to just guarantee Saric at 13 with the understanding being that he stays overseas for another year or two. Seems like a win-win to me. Unless, of course, Dallas can get someone with space to take on the last year of the Marion contract along with that pick (Cleveland seems like a perfect fit).

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
That is bad news. I was truly looking forward to seeing this guy in the league next year.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Apparently, he's done this before.

There was also talk by Ford, who said some exec's have Saric was 5-7 on draft boards. May not have made it to the Mavs. Not sure why he wouldn't stay in. And next yr, won't improve with that class.

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 3h

I'm entering, I'm not entering, I'm coming over right away, I'm not. Saric is not the most decisive guy you'll find. Tomorrow is a new day.

Jonathan Givony Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 3h

Keep in mind that Dario Saric has changed his mind virtually every step of the way along the draft process. Its a strange strange situation.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dario Saric is still a very interesting prospect to me, his skillset is quite unique and you would think he could be a quality player in the right situation.

It does look like he's adding to his frame too, which is important as I think his best position might be PF.

Dario Saric led his Cibona team to a historic Adriatic League Championship this past weekend, with wins over Red Star and Cedevita at Kombank arena in Belgrade. This was the first Adriatic League championship Cibona has ever won despite being inaugural members of the competition in 2001, and the first time a Croatian team has captured the title since KK Zadar won it in 2003 (back when only one Serbian team, Red Star, participated).

Saric, the reigning MVP of the league, who turned 20 years old just three weeks ago, was absolutely huge in the two game, single-elimination Final Four format, totaling 44 points, 26 rebounds, 13 assists and 5 blocks in 77 minutes, shooting a blistering 8-16 from beyond the arc. He was in turn named MVP of the Final Four as well.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dario-Saric-5706/

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I heard this guy plays point from the pf spot on espn. Is he like Boris Diaw was supposed to be?

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Saric currently projected 11th to the Nuggets, but I would think he makes a ton of sense for the Sixers at ten.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
I can't believe a team would take him in the top 20 picks knowing that they won't get him for over 2 seasons.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Why enter the NBA draft if you don't want to play in the NBA at the moment?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts