Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard Krause talked with Elgin Baylor for 2 hours at the draft camps, but it wasn't concerning Lamar Odom, it was concerning Darius Miles, and maybe a throw in of Corey Maggette. Now, everyone state a trade you'd think would be fair for Miles.

Here's mine:

Chicago: Marcus Fizer, and #2

L.A. Clippers: Darius Miles, #8

It'll be interesting to see what you guys can come up with, so gimme your best shot at guessing!

·
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, let's see. We need a good SF which would be Miles, since Chandler is a PF. Miles hasn't gotten suspended for smoking chronic yet either, alas Lamar Odom. Once he develops a jump shot, he'll be good. You have to admit he's had more production than Johnathan Bender in his first few years. Expect Darius to get more PT this year, and his scoring average will probably be in the 12-15 ppg area and next year a 16-20 ppg rise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I honestly feel we are giving them too much though. 2 for 8 is a huge difference. your going from drafting a potential Franchise player to drafting a potential role player. Fizer and Miles have basically the same value in my opinion. I really dont think the Clippers want or need Fizer anyway. They have Elton Brand at PF. Their would be a logjam with playing time. You know what happened in Chicago when those two played together.

·
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Brand may only be with the Clippers for one more year. Believe it or not, Fizer has the potential to be better than Brand. Chicago really doesn't need another franchise anyway, equals more money. There franchise is Curry and Chandler, and they can nab someone like Tskitishvili at 8 maybe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I honestly find it hard to believe that Fizer has more potential then Brand.

Fizer has played in two seasons...and in both years...he has done less than what Brand did in his rookie season.

In Brand's first year he was ROY and this last season, he made the all-star team.

Fizer could not even make the rookie all-star game as a rookie or even as a sophmore.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Miles

Originally posted by devestata
Well, Brand may only be with the Clippers for one more year. Believe it or not, Fizer has the potential to be better than Brand. Chicago really doesn't need another franchise anyway, equals more money. There franchise is Curry and Chandler, and they can nab someone like Tskitishvili at 8 maybe.
Devestata, I don't have anything against you, but come on. Fizer has no chance at ever being as good as Brand is now. He had a good season last year, but he won't have a season like Elton Brand.

Miles isn't going anywhere, the Clippers know that he will be a star. Although, that number 2 pick might tempt Elgin Baylor. I just hope that the Clippers don't do it, even if they do get the second pick.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I agree with Mr.X...Fizer has skills but his potential has peaked already. No way he will ever become what Brand is. An 18ppg 7rpg guy maybe in the future but for now Brand is the man.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
So far the ONLY thing Miles has proven in this league is that he can DUNK,and thats IT!When played by a GOOD or GREAT defender he SUCKS,cuz he has NO stroke WHATSOEVER!

So Miles can do really AWESOME ALLEY-OOP'S,but so can lots of other young STUDS!His shot is HORRIBLE,and until he starts playing well consistently,hes STILL a BUST in my opinion!Also
E-Rob is making starters $$$ why dont the Bulls use him at SF?

Let me have it Clipp fans!:D

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
So far the ONLY thing Miles has proven in this league is that he can DUNK,and thats IT!When played by a GOOD or GREAT defender he SUCKS,cuz he has NO stroke WHATSOEVER!

So Miles can do really AWESOME ALLEY-OOP'S,but so can lots of other young STUDS!His shot is HORRIBLE,and until he starts playing well consistently,hes STILL a BUST in my opinion!Also
E-Rob is making starters $$$ why dont the Bulls use him at SF?

Let me have it Clipp fans!:D
I'm not a clipps fan...maybe to some extent..but I can agree with the way you look at some points. yes of course he is a great dunker...he has great speed, great vision on the court to somehow get to the basket. the thing that you said that he has not shot is true also...but to again a certain extent. he does have a shot. just because he doesnt have nba 3pt range doesnt mean he can shoot. i know for a fact he can knock down the 15 ft shot night in and night out.

also, for him, he doesnt actually need to shoot. he gets what he needs by taking the ball to the basket. why should he step back and take a shot while he can take his man off the dribble and punish him inside?

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
I forgot to mention the Fizer having more potential then Brand thing.

I think Fizer will get better probably becoming a 14pts 7reb type player,but Brand is a STUD aka 20pts 10reb 2blk a night!

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Why should he step back and take a shot when he can take his man off the dribble and punish him inside?
Thats my point!

If Miles gets played by an average defender he can do that,but if he plays a T-Mac/Kobe/Pierce type defender,they ARENT gonna let him inside.In other words he'll be exposed for his LACK of stroke.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Miles

Well, his shot improved in the offseason last year. Expect to see the same thing this offseason. He does have a pretty good 15 foot jump shot, just he isn't a good three point shooter. He'd kill Paul Pierce off of the dribble. But he'd have trouble against guys like T-Mac and Kobe. The thing is...right now, he is so quick that he doesn't need the jump shot. He will in the future though.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC

Thats my point!

If Miles gets played by an average defender he can do that,but if he plays a T-Mac/Kobe/Pierce type defender,they ARENT gonna let him inside.In other words he'll be exposed for his LACK of stroke.
with his speed and quickness he could get by the very best in the game. BUT... Pierce, Kobe and TMAC all rotate...kobe doesnt play SF so that wouldnt be a problem. Pierce has become somewhat of a shooting guard. TMAC has also been playing shooting guard quite a bit as well. In other words none of those players would be guarding Miles. You wouldn't put your best player on someone who would punish them. You wouldn't want them to waste energy on D and have nothing left for offense.

·
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
See, you guys admint that Miles can shoot the 15 foot jumper already. He CAN develop a 3 point shot, he's still VERY RAW. Fizer better than Brand may not sit to well with people, but I stand by my opinion!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
He isn't a shooter though! He is known to people as a slasher/dunker. Therefore he does not need to develop a heavy 3 pt shot. It would be nice to see but I doubt he is spending his summer working on it. He is fine with his 15 footer and his ability to take it to the rack IMO.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by SoupMan32
Fizer could not even make the rookie all-star game as a rookie or even as a sophmore.

Actually, Fizer made the Sophomore squad this season....

·
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol. You will like him once he makes it to the all star game.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I can't see Fizer being the player that Brand is now, let alone getting better than him.

Dev, it's your opinion and your entitled to it, but remember, everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinion. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts