Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
So far the ONLY thing Miles has proven in this league is that he can DUNK,and thats IT!When played by a GOOD or GREAT defender he SUCKS,cuz he has NO stroke WHATSOEVER!

So Miles can do really AWESOME ALLEY-OOP'S,but so can lots of other young STUDS!His shot is HORRIBLE,and until he starts playing well consistently,hes STILL a BUST in my opinion!Also
E-Rob is making starters $$$ why dont the Bulls use him at SF?

Let me have it Clipp fans!:D
I'm not a clipps fan...maybe to some extent..but I can agree with the way you look at some points. yes of course he is a great dunker...he has great speed, great vision on the court to somehow get to the basket. the thing that you said that he has not shot is true also...but to again a certain extent. he does have a shot. just because he doesnt have nba 3pt range doesnt mean he can shoot. i know for a fact he can knock down the 15 ft shot night in and night out.

also, for him, he doesnt actually need to shoot. he gets what he needs by taking the ball to the basket. why should he step back and take a shot while he can take his man off the dribble and punish him inside?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC

Thats my point!

If Miles gets played by an average defender he can do that,but if he plays a T-Mac/Kobe/Pierce type defender,they ARENT gonna let him inside.In other words he'll be exposed for his LACK of stroke.
with his speed and quickness he could get by the very best in the game. BUT... Pierce, Kobe and TMAC all rotate...kobe doesnt play SF so that wouldnt be a problem. Pierce has become somewhat of a shooting guard. TMAC has also been playing shooting guard quite a bit as well. In other words none of those players would be guarding Miles. You wouldn't put your best player on someone who would punish them. You wouldn't want them to waste energy on D and have nothing left for offense.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
He isn't a shooter though! He is known to people as a slasher/dunker. Therefore he does not need to develop a heavy 3 pt shot. It would be nice to see but I doubt he is spending his summer working on it. He is fine with his 15 footer and his ability to take it to the rack IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.