Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the best handle in the NBA?

Miles: "Well, there are probably a lot of people who can dribble better than the guy I'm going to name, but I think Kobe (Bryant) has the best handle. He just has so many moves; I really like the way he can bring it. Maybe Jamaal Tinsley too. It's funny, you can't really see it in NBA games, but outside of the actual games or when you play pick-up, there are so many guys who can really bring it. Guys like Jamal Crawford and Jamaal Tinsley. You gotta watch yourself when playing against them."
Or...outside of the NBA...in pick-up games...

http://www.nba.com/allaccess/miles_interview_040115.html

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
That stuff does not impress me sorry. I want to see what they can do in an NBA game. I could care less about the pickup games.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm waiting for someone to use this as proof that Skiles isn't getting the most out of Jamal.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
D Miles likes Jamal's game... how perfect.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
We all know how well Hot Sauce is doing in the NBA.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
Do you mean Marko Dilicic? :D

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Skip to my lou isn't doing all that bad now is he? Neither is Stephon Marbury, Kobe Bryant, J. O'neal, Mike Dunleavy...etc...:D

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

Skip to my lou isn't doing all that bad now is he? Neither is Stephon Marbury, Kobe Bryant, J. O'neal, Mike Dunleavy...etc...:D
Mike Dunleavy Jr: straight outta Compton.

P.S. Skip To My Lou is a playground legend. He's also a backup on a bad NBA team.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts

Mike Dunleavy Jr: straight outta Compton.

P.S. Skip To My Lou is a playground legend. He's also a backup on a bad NBA team.
More like straight outta Harlem since thats where he played in the EBC during the offseason. Rafer Alston is considered one of the bright spots down in Miami.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm a little confused... how does a compliment suddenly become an insult?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I love how bulls fans take something that was said in praise, and twist it around to slam their favorite player to slam.

Well done guys. You are REAL fans.

Anyhow. It seems like I said pretty much the same thing as Darius did a week ago. So it's good to know that other than the minority that is Bulls-Jamal fans there are people out there who do recognize he has some of the most entertaining handles in the league.

I think it's ridiculous that people look down on playground skills like that. You think anyone can just step out and do those moves? Takes imagination and hardwork. Which are two things I prize in my life. Though I know that's simply not the caste for 90 percent of the population.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
In one of his songs, he has a line about Nick Van Exel. Who would you most want to rap or sing about you?
Miles: "Either Jay-Z or Nelly. I have my name in a Murphy Lee song. He's friends with Nelly and all of the St. Lunatics. It goes, 'St. Louis, the Blues ... D-Miles and Larry Hughes.'"
There's a line about Miles in a track by Common, too. I guess he hasn't heard it.

"Time to build, as far as building I'm the doorman, opening doors,
My blood I expose on the floors, tell them the game ain't only the score,
Hold on to your life as I carry these styles
To have you tapping your head like Darius Miles."

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I love how bulls fans take something that was said in praise, and twist it around to slam their favorite player to slam.
Awesome on the playground, and on the hardcourt, in your own words: "you never know what you're gonna get"

Khalid El-Amin used to light Jamal up in pickup games the first season JC and he were here.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Originally posted by <b>airety</b>!
I'm a little confused... how does a compliment suddenly become an insult?
...when the compliment is from Darius Miles and it's about your street game.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!

Well done guys. You are REAL fans.

Anyhow. It seems like I said pretty much the same thing as Darius did a week ago. So it's good to know that other than the minority that is Bulls-Jamal fans there are people out there who do recognize he has some of the most entertaining handles in the league.

I think it's ridiculous that people look down on playground skills like that. You think anyone can just step out and do those moves? Takes imagination and hardwork. Which are two things I prize in my life. Though I know that's simply not the caste for 90 percent of the population.
LOL, that's diametrically the opposite of what I think. I greatly enjoy imagination and hard work.

It's just that I also value intelligence. :)

Because of the latter, I value playground skills when I'm watching kids play on a playground, and I value smart, hard-nosed basketball when I'm watching men compete in an arena.

If ability at the former doesn't help the latter, and in fact harms the latter, then it damn well is something to be looked down upon when it's used as an excuse for mediocre play.

Look, doing something in a streetball game and doing something in the pro game are just worlds apart. Hell, you can't even make very good comparisons about kids in college going to the pro game. Saying a kid is a great college player says little about what they do as pros. And if that's the case, saying a guy is a good street player must say even less.

Color me unimpressed.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Huh.

I wonder what the response would be if Ray Allen said Ronald Dupree had some of the best shooting form he'd ever seen and that soon he'll be able to impliment in into his court-game.

Or if Arvidis Sabonis said Tyson had some of the best post moves and post passing he'd ever seen and that it's only a matter of time before he's showing them during games.

Or if Mark Jackson said Kirk had the ability to make some amazing passes and cut down on the turnover, like he does in practice. That soon he'd bring those same skills to a game.

Huh... Really seems like a matter of perception when you think about it.

Who you like and who you don't really comes through loud and clear for some of you, circumstances and actual context be damned....

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jim Ian</b>!
Huh.

I wonder what the response would be if Ray Allen said Ronald Dupree had some of the best shooting form he'd ever seen and that soon he'll be able to impliment in into his court-game.

Or if Arvidis Sabonis said Tyson had some of the best post moves and post passing he'd ever seen and that it's only a matter of time before he's showing them during games.

Or if Mark Jackson said Kirk had the ability to make some amazing passes and cut down on the turnover, like he does in practice. That soon he'd bring those same skills to a game.

Huh... Really seems like a matter of perception when you think about it.

Who you like and who you don't really comes through loud and clear for some of you, circumstances and actual context be damned....
You mean like the "actual" contexts you just mentioned (bold), which were nowhere to be seen in the actual Darius Miles interview? ;)

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!

LOL, that's diametrically the opposite of what I think. I greatly enjoy imagination and hard work.

It's just that I also value intelligence. :)

Because of the latter, I value playground skills when I'm watching kids play on a playground, and I value smart, hard-nosed basketball when I'm watching men compete in an arena.

If ability at the former doesn't help the latter, and in fact harms the latter, then it damn well is something to be looked down upon when it's used as an excuse for mediocre play.

Look, doing something in a streetball game and doing something in the pro game are just worlds apart. Hell, you can't even make very good comparisons about kids in college going to the pro game. Saying a kid is a great college player says little about what they do as pros. And if that's the case, saying a guy is a good street player must say even less.

Color me unimpressed.
Mike, great argument.

Edit: Ditto for the second one too.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts