Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been impressed thus far listening to interviews with D-Miles. He keeps referencing the "veterans" on this team and how he understands when "coach"plays them late in games.

yes-only 2 games. 1 loss, 1 win.

Still...this shows respect and respect is something this team dearly needs.

I am glad he is here.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MAS RipCity</b>!
I am going to go see Perfect score...gotta support our Blazers!
let us know about the movie........... I hope it's a good one..........

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts
I really hope that his game will start to grow and improve.

He really needs to hustle the rest of this season in order to get resigned by the Blazers.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MAS RipCity</b>!
I am going to go see Perfect score...gotta support our Blazers!
Isn't that the movie about the 5 college basketball players from different backgrounds who form a team?

:rolleyes:

BTW, if you don't understand, just read this - it's at the bottom of the article.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I head Darius plays a basketball player in the movie......... to bad he doesnt play one in real life.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Im The One</b>!
I head Darius plays a basketball player in the movie......... to bad he doesnt play one in real life.
What a joke. He would probably start for the Clippers this year.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you ever made a post and then later looked at it and thought to yourself "what was I thinking"?

I was trying to say - basically - that Darius seems to have a very good attitude and he is showing the vets and coach respect. This makes for a perfect atmosphere for him to flourish and in turn-the Blazers can flourish if they take on the same good attitude.

I was not talking about the team getting respect, I meant them respecting each other...from the rooks, to the vets, to the coach.

anyway....

One player can make a difference.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Yes, I saw one of those quotes in the article about our last game and found it the most interesting part of the article.

"I wanted to try and bring as much energy as I could early on," Miles said. "That's what I see as my role on this team, to get us going, then let the veterans finish it. I thought Coach did the right thing tonight in keeping the veterans in the game late."

This made me think of another question. We have complained many times about Cheeks taking out the hot players, could he be doing that because he felt it was time to put in the "veteran" players? If that is the case, I have mixed feelings about that idea. On one hand, I don't think it is very smart to take out your hot players for any reason, on the other hand, at least we would know that he has a plan and isn't just substituting at random or taking players out because they are too hot like I think some of the people here were thinking he was doing. The problem is, a bad plan isn't much better than no plan at all.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Phil Jackson has shown veterans can be highly effective in a supporting role and without much of the glory. If that is indeed Cheeks' line of thinking, it's yet another blunder on his part...

Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts