Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He had 4 blocks today! WOW! I think hes gonna be a league leader in blocks next year. He averaging 2.44 blocks with the magics. CRAZY! He also had 12 points and 8 rebounds in 27 minutes! Hold on peeps he might not be a bust after all with some playing time.

· Registered
2,876 Posts
Pistons=idiot

· Registered
690 Posts
Being a second pick is always means to be a potential player. The problem with Darko is to play in Detroit which playing finals from that year, it was a team that is based on stable players, at those times , Detroit has Memo Okur and no need for Darko in fact, it sounds funny but if Detroit had chosen Bosh , Melo and wade , they could all be like Darko. It is notting to do with Darko but the team he played. From now on , he would be a considerable player , in terms of defence, will show that he is already talented.

· Restore the Roar
7,385 Posts
notting_hill said:
Being a second pick is always means to be a potential player. The problem with Darko is to play in Detroit which playing finals from that year, it was a team that is based on stable players, at those times , Detroit has Memo Okur and no need for Darko in fact, it sounds funny but if Detroit had chosen Bosh , Melo and wade , they could all be like Darko. It is notting to do with Darko but the team he played. From now on , he would be a considerable player , in terms of defence, will show that he is already talented.
Bosh - Would have been in similar situation, slightly more minutes, I imagine he would have been more communicative with the other Pistons... not to be racist, but there's a difference between communicating with people of your own race and background, and somebody of a completely different nationality. But still would have been relatively buried behind the DET All Stars up front.

Anthony - Would be starting. We pick Anthony, we trade Prince. We probably don't win a championship, but we do start Anthony and probably play pretty well.

Wade - If we choose Wade he would *not* be the player he is today. He'd right now be the player he was two years ago. I don't imagine he develops as quickly without starter minutes and the playoff spotlight on him. He'd be on his way to becoming what he is today, wouldn't be there yet, and would be the most effective third guard off the bench in the league.

Darko is going to be REALLY REALLY GOOD but there are some things about him that just didn't mesh in Detroit, he was a BAD pick for them even though he'll be a very good player.

-Chris.

· Registered
690 Posts
ChrisWoj said:
Bosh - Would have been in similar situation, slightly more minutes, I imagine he would have been more communicative with the other Pistons... not to be racist, but there's a difference between communicating with people of your own race and background, and somebody of a completely different nationality. But still would have been relatively buried behind the DET All Stars up front.

Anthony - Would be starting. We pick Anthony, we trade Prince. We probably don't win a championship, but we do start Anthony and probably play pretty well.

Wade - If we choose Wade he would *not* be the player he is today. He'd right now be the player he was two years ago. I don't imagine he develops as quickly without starter minutes and the playoff spotlight on him. He'd be on his way to becoming what he is today, wouldn't be there yet, and would be the most effective third guard off the bench in the league.

Darko is going to be REALLY REALLY GOOD but there are some things about him that just didn't mesh in Detroit, he was a BAD pick for them even though he'll be a very good player.

-Chris.
Thanks for the comments, they were really nice, I give those Bosh, Wade , Melo examples to show the situation of Darko. Of course they could be much more different but also they could be the same as Darko.

· Premium Member
21,860 Posts
TAllen42 said:
Darko might be better than people recently thought. He's got height and skills. I say if he was with the Heat, he'd be exponentially better with Shaq next to him and starter minutes.
Being with Dwight Howard isn't a bad situation for him either.

Reactions: bruindre

· Restore the Roar
7,385 Posts
I'm curious, though... why is there a new Darko Watch thread? What happened to the old one? I'm out of town the last few months 5 of 7 days every week for work now... so I'm missing out on a lot of the exciting flamewars and bashing and I want to know where my comfy five or six page Darko Watch thread went :'(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.