Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Davild Aldridge just reported on ESPN news...

The Knicks/Blazers/Hawks are discussing a 3 team that would have the knicks recieving Shareef Abdul Raheem and Ruben Patterson...The Hawks recieving Rasheed Wallace and Franks Williams and the Blazers getting Keith Van Horn,Nazr Mohamed, and Mike Sweetney. This isnt the full content of the Report.. more picks are thrown in it...

THis would be nice for the Knicks... but what bout Kurt? new trade bait if this goes through?

GO KNicks!

:D PLAYOFFS BABY!!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
And what was the Blazers' counter-offer? That's a terrible, terrible trade from the Blazers' standpoint, unless we're getting all the Knicks' and Hawks' draft picks for a decade to come, plus cash (for the season ticket-holders who'd be forced to watch that trash play). Wallace is easily the best player in that deal, and we wind up with scrubs like Van Horn and Mohammed and an unproven tweener in Sweetney?

Aldridge clearly got wind off this from a NY source, because a Portland source wouldn't even stoop to listen to this one.

I could see the Blazers giving up Stoudamire in that kind of a deal, maybe substitute in Jason Terry, rather than Mohammed, and then we've got an interesting deal. But no way do I make a trade in which the principals are Wallace and Van Horn. Absolutely no way.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Well, the Blazers do move a horrible contract in Patterson. And although I really don't like Van Horn...he just MIGHT be a decent fit in Portland, with Patterson and Wallace gone.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Sounds horrible.

Van Horn stinks and has a horrible contract. Goes past 2005. Ruins chance at that summers big Free Agent Frenzy.

I would rather let Sheed walk this summer than have Van Horn.

If Portland also received a 1st round pick from New York (what do they have left? 2008?) and Atlanta's 2004 (unrestricted) 1st round (read - high lotto), would that balace it out? I am not sure?

·
Registered
392 Posts
If this happen's we better get the knicks and hawks 1st round draft pics....... I hate this trade

TRADE= :hurl:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!
Well, the Blazers do move a horrible contract in Patterson. And although I really don't like Van Horn...he just MIGHT be a decent fit in Portland, with Patterson and Wallace gone.
Patterson's contract is not that bad. It's basically MLE level, and considering his ability to change games with his hustle, his superior defense, and his ability to score inside, I'm willing to see him occupy that much of the salary cap. Plus, the guy seldom gets hurt and doesn't complain about the fact that he works harder than most of our starters put together, yet still comes off the bench. I'll trade Patterson and Wallace for a true star, but not KVH.

The only truly terrible contract the Blazers have right now is Damon Stoudamire's. Wallace's is too big, but considering it's in its last year, I'm fine with eating it and then re-signing him for something more reasonable. Stoudamire, on the other hand, will still be making about four times what he's worth next season, and for that reason, I'd be happy to ship him out.

·
Registered
837 Posts
there are no words to describe the quality of this trade. This would be horrible for the Blazers. KVH is an absolute stiff. I hate this trade, just the thought of getting those guys get me upset.:upset: :upset:

Even with the picks. Atlanta is high and ok but NY will be in the Playoff no question. They already give up their 2 picks for the next few years so what would we get 2012? Do not do this trade!!!! :confused:

BTW Damian Necronamous-since when does Ruben's contract horrible? 6 mill or so for 3 more years after this. I'll be happy to have him on our team.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
No way on this earth does that ever happen...

Sheed and Ruben For KVH, Sweetney and Mohammed

Absolutely not...

:rofl:

All the trades in the media are just hype.. its the ones you never hear about that you have to watch out for. Like our latest trade.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Hey... maybe I'm in the minority, but I think this deal would be really, really bad for Portland.

Wha--? Oh... for once I think I agree with every other Blazers fan: no, thank you.

There's nothing on ESPN.com about this. If Aldridge ever reported it, it would be interesting to see how it's couched (probably, "The Knicks are throwing more garbage out there trying to get something done.")

Ed O.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.