Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a clipping from the Globe about Davis, and Peter May has a great point. While he is coming off the bench he often plays starter minutes, and in fact if he wins the 6th man of the year, he will have the 2nd most minutes averaged every for a winner.

-Joe C.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Joe Camel said:
I was reading a clipping from the Globe about Davis, and Peter May has a great point. While he is coming off the bench he often plays starter minutes, and in fact if he wins the 6th man of the year, he will have the 2nd most minutes averaged every for a winner.

-Joe C.
He does get a lot of minutes, but he generally enters the game with bench players and when the team needs a little spark. I still see no reason to not consider him for sixth man.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I like him better as a starter...Get the big lead then all you have to do is put big men and good defenders in and not let the lead go. I think with Ricky in the starting lineup we could have a shot at somthing like that...

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:
I like him better as a starter...Get the big lead then all you have to do is put big men and good defenders in and not let the lead go. I think with Ricky in the starting lineup we could have a shot at somthing like that...

ricky as a starter would not have nearly the impact he does as a reserve...the reason he comes off the bench is so that the 2nd unit will have a legit scorer and not a bunch of role players....if ricky started with pp, toine and payton he woldnt be able to put shots up like he does when he enters the game with players like marcus and perkins...also....whos going to be the scorer of the bench players? none of them can carry a team in the nba yet....not even for 5 minutes...theres only one ball...which should get into the hands of pierce and walker for shots early in the game...so starting him wouldnt be as effective as what some people think

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#1AntoineWalkerFan said:
ricky as a starter would not have nearly the impact he does as a reserve...the reason he comes off the bench is so that the 2nd unit will have a legit scorer and not a bunch of role players....if ricky started with pp, toine and payton he woldnt be able to put shots up like he does when he enters the game with players like marcus and perkins...also....whos going to be the scorer of the bench players? none of them can carry a team in the nba yet....not even for 5 minutes...theres only one ball...which should get into the hands of pierce and walker for shots early in the game...so starting him wouldnt be as effective as what some people think
Wasn't he playing off the bench the whole year? There must have been a few more shots and some time to start before Walker got here...

-Joe C.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
Joe Camel said:
Wasn't he playing off the bench the whole year? There must have been a few more shots and some time to start before Walker got here...

-Joe C.

this is true...but the point i had about there being no bonafide scorers in the 2nd unit was my main point...and that still stands...jiri welsch was the closest thing we had and he never had the ability to carry a team for any amount of time...nothing like what ricky can do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts