Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Green WAVE!!!
Too bad I won't be there. The Wave have pretty much been irrellevent for my entire tenure at the university. If they can get back to the days of Jerald Honeycutt...that'd be tight.

All they have to do is recruit New Orleans area talent. There's a hotbed of players in there.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
from one craphouse to another craphouse. same difference

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Look for Bruce Pearl to get the Indiana job if it becomes available....that would be a great choice for them...

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Willo said:
I hope not.
I love Mike Davis.

It should be noted that I hate IU.
:laugh:

That's how I felt about Doherty at UNC.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Hasn't IU competed just as well under Davis in his five years, as they did with Knight in his last five years?

This program was not an elite program during most of the nineties. It was merely a good program

Davis is an awful self promoter though - heard him on Rome a few weeks back. This guy had all these stats supporting himself - it was pretty sad.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
JuniorNoboa said:
Hasn't IU competed just as well under Davis in his five years, as they did with Knight in his last five years?

This program was not an elite program during most of the nineties. It was merely a good program

Davis is an awful self promoter though - heard him on Rome a few weeks back. This guy had all these stats supporting himself - it was pretty sad.
I lost all respect for him when he started playing the race card.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
When I ranked the top programs since 1985, I created a spreadsheet that made it pretty easy to address how Davis has done over his last five years compared to Knight.

2001-2005 Program Rankings

Rankings as of 2004
1. Duke
2. Kansas
3. Maryland
4. Arizona
5. Kentucky
6. Connecticut
7, Texas
8, Illinois
9. Stanford
10. Syracuse
11. Oklahoma
12. Michigan St
13. Cincinnati
14. Florida
15. Oklahoma St
16. Wake Forest
17. Pitt
18. Indiana

Now they missed the tournament this year. The following teams have passed them this year - Wisconsin, Gonzaga, Miss St. UNC has yet to pass them - they would have to make the final four. So Indiana is either #21 or #22 over the last five years. Let's compare that to Knight

1996-2000: Program Rankings

1. Kentucky
2. Arizona
3. Duke
4. North Carolina
5. Utah
6. Connecticut
7, Cincinnati
8. Kansas
9. Michigan St
10. Stanford
11. UCLA
12. Purdue
13. Maryland
14. Syracuse
15. Temple
16. Indiana

So Knight's last five years Indiana was #16. In Davis five years they were #22.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Just heard something interesting on the radio. It was an interview with Bob Knight. They asked him if he felt sorry at all for the die hard Indiana/Knight fans who are suffering through the rough times they're ecperiencing now. He said something to the effect of - "No, because they put themselves in that situation." Then he referred to Davis without mentioning Davis' name "The guy they've got there now - we weren't even going to keep him a year longer. We were planning on getting rid of him at the end of the season." Wonder if the AD/school new that at the time.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i don't see davis leaving or being fired. not yet at least. i say give him next year and if indiana isn't competing for a big10 championship and going to the sweet16 of the ncaa - then can him. no more of this struggling to make any tourney. i am sick of hearing the whole "he never had a chance'" story. how many years does a guy need before he actualy can be considered to have had a chance?
i think he knows very well that next year is make or break.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Just so you guys know.. Davis is staying at Indiana and the Tulane AD said they never ever spoke to him.. It was clearly a rumor to me.. Davis is staying.. And that's another year of at least whipping Indiana's butt :clap:

·
Registered
221 Posts
HoosierDaddy said:
Try stopping Killingsworth and DJ White next year.

LMAO.......this guy kills me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts