Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Anthony Davis suffered a severely sprained ankle in a Hornets workout and almost assuredly is unable to play for Team USA, sources tell Y!
Just be ready for October dude. Just be ready for October.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An ankle injury, that one source termed "lightly sprained" coulc keep New Orleans Hornets rookie Anthony Davis out for one to two weeks, jeopardizing his chance at making the U.S. Olympic basketball team.

Davis injured the ankle in a Saturday workout at the Alario Center, and there were reports on Monday that the injury was severe.

Anthony Davis Sr., Davis's father, said by phone on Monday that he didn't know any details about the injury.

"I have no idea," the elder Davis said. "I don't know anything about his ankle. I haven't heard anything."

Sports Illustrated's Sam Amick, quoting USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo, said Colangelo was still gathering information regarding the injuury
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/07/new_orleans_hornets_rookie_ant_1.html#incart_river

I thought this was something that happened an hour ago.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I'm going to take this opportunity to point out Woj was wrong again like I pointed out in another thread.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
This is great news. This will prevent him from getting injured worse in London.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You never want to hear stuff like this already. Just like RollWithEm said, looking on the bright side, now he won't have to endure the wear-and-tear of playing in the Olympics and then starting training camp afterward.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
it's like I told my buddy from Portland when he was worrying about Greg Oden: It's probably nothing...

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
I wanted to see him do his thing in the Olympics!

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
WojYahooNBA Despite ankle injury, No. 1 overall pick Anthony Davis will report to Team USA training camp in Vegas this week, source tells Y! Sports.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
USA Basketball Chairman Jerry Colangelo announced today that USA Basketball National Team alternate and 2012 NBA No. 1 draft pick Anthony Davis (New Orleans Hornets) will suit up for the red, white and blue for tonight’s USA-Dominican Republic exhibition game at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Nev. Davis, who was in Las Vegas, was added after Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers) flew back to Los Angeles today for evaluation of his left knee.
Link

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Anthony Davis is moving well out there, I dont think the ankle is that bad. He just hit a 3 and talked trash to Coach Calipari on DR's bench.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anthony Davis is moving well out there, I dont think the ankle is that bad. He just hit a 3 and talked trash to Coach Calipari on DR's bench.
Yeah, it was never 'severe' as was first reported. He said he had planned on getting back on the court on Tuesday or yesterday. I figured by Sunday he'd be ok to play in the Summer League games but now it looks like he may be headed to London. Apparently Blake has to officially withdraw before Davis can formally take his spot.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
That release was really nice for a guy his size.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts