1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
In all honesty that looks fairly similar to one of the bracket I had planned to fill out (in fact I had told my coworkers I was planning on having Dayton win it all in at least one of them).

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Richmond and LSU as the only first Round upsets? With Richmond and Stanford coming out of Dayton? or was it Cincinnati?

So 2 or 3 credits? which is it?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Only problem is head to head. Kansas 90 - Dayton 84, in overtime. When everything is as close as the top teams, head to head is going to be a major tiebreaker.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Dayton had a fabulous season, no question.
But...declaring them national champions without playing tournament games, sounds something like a pre-season championship award.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I’m sorry BI55, I’m really fucking pissed. Plus a bottle of grocery store wine played a part in my post. I’m going to tell you why I’m fucking pissed. Obviously, the fact that the NCAA decides to cancel its National Championship Tournament when the Flyer’s have the best season in their storied history pisses me off. What really fucking pisses me off is that Duke and Kansas - Duke more than Kansas - essentially decided to not play in the tournament before the cancellation was announced. I can’t believe that this didn’t help make the NCAA’s decision easier. Duke wasn’t going anywhere in this years tournament and Coach K didn’t fucking give a shit.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the Duke/Kansas thing was overblown. Duke and Kansas likely just got their press releases written, approved and out first so they could look like leaders, but knew what was coming.

Once the NBA suspended, it was a matter of time. The NHL shutdown because of the "If it happened to them, we're next" (The NHL also has about 12 teams sharing arenas with NBA teams). The NCAA followed shortly thereafter. It was inevitable (plus most the major tourneys and NCAA Tourneys were booked in NBA/NHL arenas).

It's not like Duke/Kansas caused the NCAA to cancel. It was about to be canceled and everyone knew it.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I think the Duke/Kansas thing was overblown. Duke and Kansas likely just got their press releases written, approved and out first so they could look like leaders, but knew what was coming.

Once the NBA suspended, it was a matter of time. The NHL shutdown because of the "If it happened to them, we're next" (The NHL also has about 12 teams sharing arenas with NBA teams). The NCAA followed shortly thereafter. It was inevitable (plus most the major tourneys and NCAA Tourneys were booked in NBA/NHL arenas).

It's not like Duke/Kansas caused the NCAA to cancel. It was about to be canceled and everyone knew it.
Yep! Maybe the NCAAs gets cancelled anyway, but if the NBA players hadn't tested positive, I'm pretty sure that the conference tourneys would have been completed, as would the golf tournament, and most of what was scheduled this weekend. That said, with the current level of hysteria, I think everything would have shut down after this weekend. It just sucks that in a season where Dayton, and two of our brethren (Gonzaga, and SDSU), were a serious threat to win it all, this happens. Has to suck for Rutgers as well. On the other hand, in a season of historical sucktitude for the Tar Heels, we don't get to enjoy them not even making the NIT.

·
Registered
934 Posts
His bracket is missing URI, we won the simulated A10 championship:

Although with Dayton losing to VCU in the quarterfinals of the imaginary A10 tourney, that may have cost them the #1 seed in the imaginary NCAA tourney. And, uh, Richmond lost by 35 to Davidson lol.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I can only imagine some URI guy programmed that thing.
In the real, not simulated world, we beat URI at URI, beat Davidson at Davidson, and beat them again at home.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
That bracket was set up for Fordham to make a run to the final, so I don’t know what you guys are talking about.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts