Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sports Radio 910 The Fan is reporting Blazers center Dale Davis left practice unexcused today following a meeting with GM John Nash.
this is on the blog (which I don't give much credence to but this likely to be on target...I think)

LINK

Hmmm...it is beginning to sounds like DD is a real unhappy camper.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
or just traded to Atlanta?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Yes

Sheed $18 mil + $Davis $9 mil = $27 mil

can take back as little as $23.4 mil

SAR makes $13.5 mil, Ratliff $10.16 mil = $23.66 mil......... pretty close already

might need some filler

BINGO!

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Three teams mentioned as possible Dale Davis destinations.

Toronto, Philly and New York.

Who could we get from each of those teams?

Frankly, when I look at their rosters, there's not too much that's appealing that they would actually give up.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Or he could just be pissed because he might not start against the warriors.

Sports Radio 910 The Fan is reporting Blazers center Dale Davis left practice unexcused today following a meeting with GM John Nash.

The Fan reports Nash wanted to address the snow/ice problem that prevented Davis from joining the team in Minnesota earlier this month. Nash reportedly mentioned fining Davis for his absence.

So how will the Blazers match up against the Warriors tomorrow? The Fan reports Mo Cheeks will go with a starting front line of Wallace, Randolph and Patterson, leaving Davis to fill in from the bench.

Cheeks did say he expects Davis to play.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sean</b>!
Or he could just be pissed because he might not start against the warriors.
Yeah, maybe. But the thing about that is, I heard an interview with Davis yesterday and they said he was already told that ther would be some games where he's coming off the bench. he said basically "I might not agree with it, but I'm willing to do what they ask me to do." He didn't seem happy, but it didn't seem like he would be shocked and angered enough to storm out of practice.

Maybe he's heading for Vegas?

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Idea
Portland trades:
C Dale Davis (6.3 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.6 apg in 29.1 minutes)

Portland receives:
PF Jerome Moiso (1.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.1 apg in 8.1 minutes)
SF Michael Curry (2.8 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.0 apg in 17.5 minutes)
PG Alvin Williams (8.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.2 apg in 30.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +6.2 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and +3.7 apg.

Toronto trades:
PF Jerome Moiso (1.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.1 apg in 8.1 minutes)
SF Michael Curry (2.8 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.0 apg in 17.5 minutes)
PG Alvin Williams (8.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.2 apg in 30.6 minutes)

Toronto receives:
C Dale Davis (6.3 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.6 apg in 38 games)
Change in team outlook: -6.2 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and -3.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
or this?

The Fan reports Nash wanted to address the snow/ice problem that prevented Davis from joining the team in Minnesota earlier this month. Nash reportedly mentioned fining Davis for his absence.
What kind of fine would make him that mad? how much could someone be fined for missing practice under those circumstances?

I was in Portland one Christmas and it snowed maybe 1/8" and the streets stopped moving. From what I've heard from family up there, this storm was much worse when this incident happened.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
The clip does seem to suggest that he got mad about the idea of being fined for missing the trip to Chicago.

I can see his point - it was an issue of weather and not being able to make it out of the West Hills.

But I can also see the organization's point - every other player was able to make arrangements to get on the bus to Eugene. I doubt that they called the players and said, "Be on the bus in 15 minutes."

If Dale could walk down the hill in order to get picked up by Coach Cheeks on an earlier occasion, why couldn't he do that again?

As the story has been told, I have to side with the team on this one. But then again, we might not have the full story. It's tough to make judgement.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Maybe Rasheed an Dale have a bet on the Super Bowl and Dale is mad because he thinks Sheed is skipping town so he won't be able to collect his winnings...:D

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I don't think the Blazers should have the responsibility for paying Dale if he can't make a game because of weather. The Blazers didn't tell him to live where he does, and every other Blazer made it to the flight, so Dale's decisions are the ones that caused him to miss the game.

I don't think there's any doubt that Dale should have been suspended (without pay) for the game he missed... or fined a game's pay, or whatever. He didn't play. He wasn't available to play because of decisions he made unrelated to basketball. He shouldn't be paid.

Ed O.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For the record:

When I fist saw this at the O-Live webiste it clearly read:

Dale Davis storms out of practice...

NOW it says:

Angry Davis leaves practice...

Now why would they do that? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sean</b>!
or this?

What kind of fine would make him that mad? how much could someone be fined for missing practice under those circumstances?

I was in Portland one Christmas and it snowed maybe 1/8" and the streets stopped moving. From what I've heard from family up there, this storm was much worse when this incident happened.
Where Dale lives (Portland Heights) there was no trash pickup and newspaper delivery for the week. Mail service was sporadic. The roads were not plowed. It was a mess. Many of the roads and driveways are very steep. Lots of the residents there just stayed home all week. It had the most problems of any West side neighborhood.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I think this is a more realistic deal if Davis is dealt to Atlanta with Sheed...

Rasheed Wallace and Dale Davis for Shareef Abur-Rahim, Nazr Muhommad and Alan Henderson

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bfan1</b>!
For the record:

When I fist saw this at the O-Live webiste it clearly read:

Dale Davis storms out of practice...

NOW it says:

Angry Davis leaves practice...

Now why would they do that? :rolleyes:
Now it simply says

"Dale Davis reportedly leaves practice unexcused"