Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Yep, this is making headlines. Ive seen it on a couple other message boards.

I know a few people from Long Beach Poly High School, and when De La Salle came into town, it felt like a pro game. I went to another school and man, the hype was there, even though I didnt go to either school They ended up beating Poly.

Anyways awesome run for De La Salle, I heard James Hasty's son tore them up.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
With 14-year-old sophomore Eric Block making his first high-school start at quarterback, Bellevue didn't attempt a pass the entire game but rushed 54 times for 463 yards.
Quite impressive.

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PacersguyUSA</b>!

Quite impressive.

Indeed. I did not know the QB was 14. I knew he was a Soph. That is crazy. What are his vitals? 14 years old and starting against De La Salle. Not bad for a 14 year old. I wonder how he felt going into the game.

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Wow.

The SI curse lives on. De La Salle was covered on an issue a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
A game on a Sunday?

Though I shouldn't be talking, this week's game here was on Thursday.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Hate to be on that football team that broke a 12 year record.

But honestly don't pretend this is impressive, they recruit high school football players so obviously they will be good.

Sure 151 some wins in a row is amazing but considering it is not that unbelieveable.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by <b>OZZY</b>!

But honestly don't pretend this is impressive, they recruit high school football players so obviously they will be good.

Sure 151 some wins in a row is amazing but considering it is not that unbelieveable.
Yeah, they recruit players and that sort've lessens the greatness of this achievement, but it's not like they're the only school that recruits. I don't see any of those other schools compiling 151 wins in a row, I don't care where you do that's basically unbelievable.

I mean think about it, these seniors were in kindergarten when the streak started.. that's riddiculous.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

151 football wins. Do you realize how long that is?

Recruiting really means jack.....there are so many schools that recruit. Its not like this school is bigger and badder then every team, they get outweighed by an average of 40 lbs against some opponents. Their schools traiing facilities are far from desirable, they have a small weightroom, and not a large campus. PLus their academic prestige keeps many top recruits from even being accepted.

And still 151 is amazing, truly incredible, how can you expect kids ranging from 14-18 to play to near perfection for that long. It was not the talent level that kept this streak going, it was the extra effort in the offseason, and hte mentality of the team. Teams that expect to win, will win.

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts

Every school recruits nowadays.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts