Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The deadline has past, excitement of new players is wearing off, what about players that you guys have talked about all year like Green?

With him and Korver looking to get paid, it's hard for them both to hit pay dirt, assuming Korver is a 6er next year, where is Green going?

-Petey

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Some other team. Don't care which one. I wish him luck though, the coach was a ***** to him here and he never got a real chance. He's a pretty good player and he deserves a better place to play in.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Kyle Korver is the one we're most likely to keep, but I wouldn't give him a six year deal. If he didn't want a four year deal, if I was the Sixers front office I'd say my goodbyes right there. Can he help the team? Yeah, but that's in anywhere from 18 - 24 minutes, no more.

Willie Green won't be coming back if O'Brien's still around, I think even if we get rid of O'Brien there's a chance he'll be gone. I didn't hear the interviews, but I heard he called up 610 WIP and the Angelo Cataldi show badmouthing Jim O'Brien. Like I assumed there were teams that wanted Willie Green in a trade, but we decided not to move him. So now we simply lose him, for nothing.

I'm not his biggest fan, but if you're not playing him, and you can get something.. why not take it?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if some team offered Krover 6 years, you would not match Philly Phanatic?

-Petey

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Petey said:
So if some team offered Krover 6 years, you would not match Philly Phanatic?

-Petey
It might sound crazy, but no I wouldn't match. Korver's a great fit when used right, but six years is way too long to retain him. It wouldn't be an easy decision, but looking at the payroll, you have to ask if the team can afford another long term contract.

It's a tough decision that you have to face if you're Billy King, but you have to hope KK would come back for a four year deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts