Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a copy of a letter I just sent in to Zach via the Blazers' fanmail addy:

Dear Zach,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you weren't selected to appear in this year's All-Star game. By all rights, you should have been. And I understand the disappointment you must feel about it.

But it's not a reflection on your personal performance (which has been outstanding going back to last season). If anything, it's a reflection on the negative image all the incidents - both on and off the court - over the past few years have brought upon the team.

So don't let it bring you down, dude. Use it as motivation to continue to push yourself - and your team-mates - to be the best players and representatives of NBA basketball that you can be, both on and off the court. And when you and/or one or more of your team-mates finally gets there, the accomplishment will be all the sweeter for everything you've had to do - all the obstacles you've had to overcome - to reach it.

You're an All-Star to us, Zach. And someday the rest of the NBA won't have any choice but to acknowledge that fact as well. Keep it rolling.

GO BLAZERS!!!
I know it's not much, but I feel strongly that Zach could use some encouragement right now. Feel free to post your own encouraging words to Zach in this thread. I have a feeling they might be read (and appreciated).

PBF

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>e_blazer1</b>!
Ah, jeez. Another blatant attempt by PBF to kiss up to the Blazers to get free tickets.

Hey, PBF, if it works...how about inviting me to come with you. :D
With all due respect, e_b...

...bite me. :)

But seriously, not kissing up to anyone but Zach for any reason other than to cheer him up and keep him motivated.

PBF

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
I have noticed in the work place and life in general that people don't push themselves when people are telling them that they are the greatest. People seem to dig down deep when people say that they are not good enough.

If anything, this will only motivate Zach to become even better. He needs to work on his game and he knows it. Another season and there will be a Blazer on the roster at All Star Weekend, you can bank on it! :yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.