Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Barcelona midfielder Deco has stoked clasico controversy by saying team-mate Samuel Eto'o is currently a better player than Real Madrid's Ronaldo.

Barça striker Eto'o currently tops the Liga scoring charts with nine goals, with Ronaldo just two off the pace, and Portugal midfielder Deco says the Cameroonian's current form gives him the edge over the Brazilian.

"Ronaldo has proved time and again what a great player he is, both with Real and Brazil," said the former Porto schemer. "He's won a lot of things, but at this moment in time Eto'o is more present, Eto'o is more decisive."

Ronaldo is a doubt for the game as Real struggle with injuries, but Deco says he hopes the stars from both sides will be fit for the game.

"I want everyone to play," said Deco. "I think the most important thing is that everyone plays on both sides, that it's a good game.

"Barcelona are, at the moment, at their best this season and if we carry on like that, we'll be ready for Real and have every chance of winning."

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e10053/sport_lng0_spo22_evt10053_sto788182.shtml

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Banned
480 Posts
bbasok said:
"Barcelona midfielder Deco has stoked clasico controversy by saying team-mate Samuel Eto'o is currently a better player than Real Madrid's Ronaldo.

Barça striker Eto'o currently tops the Liga scoring charts with nine goals, with Ronaldo just two off the pace, and Portugal midfielder Deco says the Cameroonian's current form gives him the edge over the Brazilian.

"Ronaldo has proved time and again what a great player he is, both with Real and Brazil," said the former Porto schemer. "He's won a lot of things, but at this moment in time Eto'o is more present, Eto'o is more decisive."

Ronaldo is a doubt for the game as Real struggle with injuries, but Deco says he hopes the stars from both sides will be fit for the game.

"I want everyone to play," said Deco. "I think the most important thing is that everyone plays on both sides, that it's a good game.

"Barcelona are, at the moment, at their best this season and if we carry on like that, we'll be ready for Real and have every chance of winning."

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e10053/sport_lng0_spo22_evt10053_sto788182.shtml
It`s just pre-derby banter,

he`s not gonna say ronaldo is better than eto`o shortly before the biggest game of the season is he??

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Does Deco mean at this very moment? I would say Eto'o is better right now (as in Thursday, November 10, 2005 at 4:42 PM EST) since Ronaldo is injured. But that's pretty much the only explanation.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Last season before they met with Real Madrid in Barnebue, one of their players said the same thing and Ronaldo proved him wrong in that game by scoring and assisting one.

They seem to talk alot of crap before a match against Real Madrid...

Eto'o will never be a player Ronaldo is, he's benefiting alot from Ronaldinho, Messi and Deco himself passes. What does Ronaldo benefit from? none, Zidane hasn't been on form this season, and we all know Beckham passes don't fit well with Ronaldo style. Guti sometimes assisted Ronaldo for his goal this season but Ronaldo scored the rest all by himself.

7 goals in 7 games before he got injured...add to that 3 assists.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
el_Diablo said:
yeah, poor ronaldo. it's not fair he has to play with such losers.
They're not losers, Zidane has been on poor form due to fatigue i think playing for both France and Real madrid...also for the injury he suffered. Guti is incosistent, so other than those two, who does Ronaldo have to feed him the ball?

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
How much longer is Ronaldo out for by the way? This would definately be something that would motivate Ronaldo if he were to play, but I think he's still going to be out a little longer.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
How much longer is Ronaldo out for by the way? This would definately be something that would motivate Ronaldo if he were to play, but I think he's still going to be out a little longer.
It was supposed to be a month, don't know how many weeks is gone by now.

He still a "doubt" though, but I hope he plays this game.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Air Fly said:
They're not losers, Zidane has been on poor form due to fatigue i think playing for both France and Real madrid...also for the injury he suffered. Guti is incosistent, so other than those two, who does Ronaldo have to feed him the ball?
so perez has spent gazillions of dollars on his team, and they have only two players who can create scoring opportunities?

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
el_Diablo said:
so perez has spent gazillions of dollars on his team, and they have only two players who can create scoring opportunities?
Yes sir, you can go to any Real Madrid forum and they'll tell you that our midfield is weak and Beckham while is good isn't "galactico". We are all hoping Zidane returns to his good form and Ronaldo to come back to beat Barcelona next week. Perez is the one of the major reasons Real went trophyless in the last two years, he didn't buy the right players for the club and didn't fill their need.

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
Air Fly said:
Yes sir, you can go to any Real Madrid forum and they'll tell you that our midfield is weak and Beckham while is good isn't "galactico". We are all hoping Zidane returns to his good form and Ronaldo to come back to beat Barcelona next week. Perez is the one of the major reasons Real went trophyless in the last two years, he didn't buy the right players for the club and didn't fill their need.
weak midfield huh......hmm...a midfield where Perez has spent like 40 million euros on Zidane?(correct me if I'm wrong)....25 on Beckham.....20 on Baptista...30 on Robinho...2 on Gravesen...5 on Garcia.

that comes up to roughly 122 million... I guess 122 million euros just can't buy you guys a creative midfielder these days... complaining about your midfield when a team like Manchester United has Alan Smith and Darren Fletcher in CM's. There's enough creativity in the Real side plus Ronaldo doesn't need it, he can make his own goals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts