Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PHILADELPHIA -- The numbers aren't very impressive, but Andre Iguodala's game isn't about numbers. It's about results.

"I pride myself in being able to do whatever it takes to win,'' he said. "That includes things that don't always make it into the box score.''

That box score is why Iguodala isn't a candidate for NBA rookie of the year, even though the 76ers are pushing him for that honor.

The Sixers are also putting on a public relations campaign to get him voted to the NBA's all-defensive team. And that says as much about Iguodala as anything.
More good news about Iguodala. Have we heard anything negative about him all season? It's amazing how good he is and how mature he is. His attitude alone makes me like him and he's an awesome player as well so you get the best of both worlds in him. I'm just happy to see him playing hard and within himself and not trying too much, although at times I wish he would try to do a little more on offense. I'm sure Iverson, Webber and the coach wouldn't mind too much.

Full article here:
Stats don't tell all about Iguodala

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Kunlun said:
More good news about Iguodala. Have we heard anything negative about him all season? It's amazing how good he is and how mature he is. His attitude alone makes me like him and he's an awesome player as well so you get the best of both worlds in him. I'm just happy to see him playing hard and within himself and not trying too much, although at times I wish he would try to do a little more on offense. I'm sure Iverson, Webber and the coach wouldn't mind too much.

Full article here:
Stats don't tell all about Iguodala
Hes a working man. He does everything he can, and plays as hard as he can. Im glad we got him with our pick.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
The only negative is he passes up way too many open looks that are within his range. I don't want him to force his offense and off-set the flow, but if he takes a shot and makes it the defense can't sag off on him as much as they do now.

This doesn't really pertain to the topic, but I never seen it mentioned, while Iguodala had great success defending LeBron and Kobe, Carmelo Anthony was probably his toughest matchup all season. Weird how things like that work.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I really would like to see him and an All-Defensive team, and I really think he deserves it. He's going to be a perennial All-Defensive teamer, and hopefully that will start this year.

·
Registered
351 Posts
He does deserve to be on the All-Defensive team. This guy has great athletic ability. I think over the years he can improve his scroing. His shot is not that bad. He is defnately a player you want on a Championship team.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
PhillyPhanatic said:
The only negative is he passes up way too many open looks that are within his range. I don't want him to force his offense and off-set the flow, but if he takes a shot and makes it the defense can't sag off on him as much as they do now.
Ditto. That's also my only knock on him, and that's his lack of confidence in being able to hit an open jump shot when he's clearly being challenged and disrespected by his opponents. Once this kid does get a consistent mid range shot, he's gonna be scary.

I love his work ethic, basketball IQ, and all that stuff, but what I love most is his attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to win. He has a boatload of talent, and with Iverson as his leader, I look for him to learn a lot of great things that will help him in the near future.

This doesn't really pertain to the topic, but I never seen it mentioned, while Iguodala had great success defending LeBron and Kobe, Carmelo Anthony was probably his toughest matchup all season. Weird how things like that work.
That's because Carmelo Anthony has some meat on 'em. Carmelo may not be the biggest talent of them all, but he has become much more versatile.

In fact, George Karl has been using him very well. 'Melo may not have the best FG percentage, but he is now being used in different ways and is getting designed plays in order to get easy baskets using his big frame for a SF. Under Bzdelik, he was expected to consistently hit jump shots, etc. Which just wasn't working.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
Carmelo is just taller and longer than all those guys. And George Karl doesn't have anything to do with it, since those games came before he was hired.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
theLegend said:
In fact, George Karl has been using him very well. 'Melo may not have the best FG percentage, but he is now being used in different ways and is getting designed plays in order to get easy baskets using his big frame for a SF. Under Bzdelik, he was expected to consistently hit jump shots, etc. Which just wasn't working.
Yeah, my hats off to George Karl he's turning Carmelo Anthony into a very efficient player. I was watching some of the T-Wolves/Nuggets game last night and Carmelo had 19 points off of 7-8 shooting, last year at this time there's no way he could've gotten that. It's just sad that we know the honeymoon will end between those two.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sliccat said:
Carmelo is just taller and longer than all those guys. And George Karl doesn't have anything to do with it, since those games came before he was hired.
LeBron is just as tall and long as Carmelo and he was shut down by Iggy. Not just a normal shut down, but basically completely shut down by him in a recent meeting.

Carmelo has been playing excellent under George Karl, he's shooting around 48% from the field since Karl arrived compared to the under 40% he was shooting before Karl. It's not just Carmelo, Coach Karl definately has something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I think it's natural for him to be where he is scoring partly b/c he's playing w/ AI. He doesn't need to score. If he were playing in Charolotte or New Orleans, he would definitely score more pts. But I'm glad he's concentrating on defense. His offensive game will arrive in the yrs to come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts