Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free agent guard Delonte West and the Dallas Mavericks have reached terms on a new contract, according to sources close to the process.

Although terms were not immediately available, sources told ESPN.com that West will formally sign the new deal Wednesday.

West, who turns 29 this week, averaged 9.6 points, 3.2 assists and 2.3 rebounds per game for the Mavericks last season. He appeared in just 44 games because of a fractured right ring finger and picked up one of the more bizarre fines in league history when he was docked $25,000 for giving Utah's Gordon Hayward a "wet willy."

It was reported earlier Tuesday the Los Angeles Lakers were also interested in West, who shot 46.1 percent from the floor and 35.5 percent on 3-pointers last season for Dallas.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8196940/delonte-west-dallas-mavericks-agree-terms-new-contract-according-sources

Glad we brought him back. With our entire backcourt being new players (Collison, Mayo) and rookie contracts (Roddy, DoJo, Cunningham), Delonte ironically enough brings some stability to the guard position. Plays d, shoots well, can penetrate. Only downside is less playing time for the younger guys like Roddy, Dominique, and Cunningham.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
That's good. I was scared all offseason we'd be so preoccupied chasing people we'd let him slip off

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I really hope he has been brought back as a bench player. He fits well with Roddy in the back court, but more importantly, I want to see OJ as a starter again. Enough of this 6th man business. Let's see if he can be a top 5 SG in the league and a total steal for the Mavs or not.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure Mayo is the starter as Collison/West would be too small to start alongside each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts