Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

By Shira Springer, Globe Staff | November 23, 2005

CLEVELAND -- Suffering from a left hip pointer, Delonte West hobbled through the visitors' locker room after the Celtics' 115-93 loss to the Cavaliers last night at Quicken Loans Arena. When it was suggested that he looked like an old man, West replied, ''I feel like an old man."
Coach Doc Rivers termed West ''doubtful" for tonight's game against Atlanta. The Celtics officially listed the starting point guard as day to day...

...''It's just a hip pointer," said West. ''Most of the contact landed right on my hip. My lower back started going into a little bit of spasms. It was a better decision to start the rest of the game. I'm going to try [to play in Atlanta]. They're saying I'm going to feel it more so in the morning than right now. It's the ideal situation [to rest it]. But being such a competitor I'm going to try to get out there anyway."

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No we don't.

Greene and Dickau are our two point guards. Ricky Davis can play point guard. Delonte West will miss like two games.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Premier said:
No we don't.

Greene and Dickau are our two point guards. Ricky Davis can play point guard. Delonte West will miss like two games.
You're right, we need a coach who has a clue what a PG is. Why are our PG asked to shoot? Banks is the only one who can penatrate and isn't liked...see where I'm going with this?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
on a seperate note, West was averaging over a block per game this season.....
which was rather surprising to say the least!

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
West tried to practice today, but he wasn't able to. He'll try again tomorrow.

He is hoping that he will return Monday, but Doc said it isn't likely.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I am fine if he doesn't come back for 2 weeks, I would like to see if we are any better with Dickau & Greene and no West. I doubt we will be worse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts