Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nj.com/sports/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/11441380863260.xml&coll=5

The article goes on to mention that Dempsey will add one or key recruits to the mix, possibly some JUCOs and Ryan Thompson isn't going anywhere.

Dempsey was the top recruiting assistant at Rider under Harnum and is responsible for bringing in the best class in MAAC history and JT, so I just hope the guy can be equally smart in the coaching circles at the DI Level.

GO RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Get a life. Not sure I can admit to being a troublemaker since you haven't defined what that is. If the definition of troublemaker is someone that continually and correctly points out all the lies and other issues at Rider, then I am proudly a troublemaker.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Recruiting JUCOs = Coaching Staff disappointed with last year's recruiting

No two ways about it.

Since when was there a search for a Rider head coach? Did they even interview anyone else?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
soup said:
Recruiting JUCOs = Coaching Staff disappointed with last year's recruiting

No two ways about it.

Since when was there a search for a Rider head coach? Did they even interview anyone else?

They need a juco to balance out the classes a bit they only have one senior and 2 juniors on the roster. They have 3 spots open with one filled if they fill all of them with freshmen they would have 9 freshmen and sophs on the team. Also tell me a team in the MAAC with an open spot that is not looking for a juco big to step in and help right away.

No there was not a search for a coach Harnum was quoted that if he stayed as the AD Dempsey would be his first hire.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
soup. You left some stuff out. Rider graduated Muniz and Paul Johnson. That is 2/3 of Rider's front line, which was soft and generally sucked. Rider has to replace about 20 pts and 12 rebounds per game from those 2 players, and only has 1 recruit. I think all would agree that the current freshman aren't going to improve enought to replace that production (most definitely true in the rebounding area), so I think the JUCOs will come in the big man area.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
You also left out that the biggest improvement in players is between their freshman and soph years. Don't write off last years recruits just yet. Also you leave out Pierce who was playing very well at the end of the year and give Anderson and Vosilla the summer to mature and improve. Dempsey will get one or two players and maybe a transfer he does have a late start but wait to judge till the spring period is done.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
SaintlySaint said:
Defense

All I'd have to prove is that my quote was altered, which it was. I did not write that which Beagle quoted me as having written. That is libel.

And it was done on a public message board as a joke with a clown icon, get over it quit crying and grow a sense of humor

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I've seen you say this several times, but on what do you base the observation that players improve the most between their Freshman and Sophmore years? Is that something you made up to justify Rider's horrible recruiting class? There is ZERO basis for that observation

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
SaintlySaint said:
I've seen you say this several times, but what do you base the observation that players improve the most between their Freshman and Sophmore years? Is that something you made up to justify Rider's horrible recruiting class? There is ZERO basis for that observation

Look at these players from last year

J Thompson
K. Mensha
T Fisher
Dubios
Xavier
C Fisher
and like Guy said Sowell Owes also from SPC
I beleive they all almost doubled their numbers from last year to this year that is 5 off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Sowell too, Beagle.

That said, I think it's a tough call. Players also seem to make nice jumps from junior to senior years as well. I think we can all agree that the jump from soph to junior produces the smallest improvement of the three "transitions".

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.