Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Chapu continue to start when Deng gets healthy? Like once playoffs start will Chapu be starter or will Deng? Also IMO if Gordon continues to come off the bench then Deng should be starter at SF to give starting lineup more offense. On a side note does anyone think that Deng and Chapu playing together in the future will just be SF/PF or can they eventually play some SG/SF together?

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
I think Chapu will remain the starter until Deng starts to find his groove. I think he was just about to play himself into the starting lineup right before he injured his wrist.

Nocioni has stepped up his game a lot since Deng has been injured. He is playing much more in control and all around smart basketball. He has frustrated opponents on the defensive side of the ball, has been grabbing some rebounds and hitting some clutch shots.

I sort of expect Nocioni to continue to remain the starter throughout the rest of the season and into the playoffs. Nocioni's big game experience will certainly help out in this aspect.

Assuming Deng comes into next season fully healthy, I would then expect Deng to return to the starting lineup.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Long term, Deng will definitely start. Nocioni is a good player to have off the bench because he brings a valuable boost of energy and can play both the 3 and 4 positions. Likewise, Deng is versatile enough to play the 2, 3, and maybe even 4 (in a few years) so there's definitely room for both on this team.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
yodurk said:
Long term, Deng will definitely start. Nocioni is a good player to have off the bench because he brings a valuable boost of energy and can play both the 3 and 4 positions. Likewise, Deng is versatile enough to play the 2, 3, and maybe even 4 (in a few years) so there's definitely room for both on this team.
Totally agree.

Deng is the starter when 100%. And Chapu is a great backup!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Deng is definitly the starter long term. The combo of those two guys makes us one of the deepest at the position in the league (last year this was the biggest weakness). Its hard to beleive Deng is only 19.

When Deng gets a little stronger I can see him and Noce playing the forward spots against lesser opponents. They have already played a little 2-3 this year. But I don't think you will ever see a whole lot of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts