Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Did I look like I needed (surgery)?" Deng said. "I'm fine right now. I feel great. There are a lot of things I want to improve in my game that I want to focus on. I want to be a better player than I was last year.

"I have time to make decisions and be healthy by the time we start (training camp)."

With Bulls' camp roughly eight weeks away, it'd be impossible for Deng to have surgery now and be ready for start. Asked a second time about his decision, Deng made clear he planned to start camp on time.

"I'm just going to get ready for the season," Deng said.
Good news for the anti-tank and expand Jerry's pocket folks.

I'm glad he says his wrist isn't bothering him. As long as he is fine enough where he can be automatic from 18 feet like he is when perfectly healthy, I support the decision. We need the shooting. If he is going to play like the Luol after he got hurt last year, then I'm not as much of a fan.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'm going to have to see it to believe it. With the injury he had, and the amount of trouble it gave him ALL season long...how does it just now feel fine? Sure he manage a little reat, but he also played in the Olympics, so it's not like he has had total rest.

For an injury that required surgery to properly heal, how does a little rest cure the problem? I give Deng all the credit in the world for playing thru the injury last season, but with the Rose injury and season probably lost, I'd rather be safe then sorry and have Deng get the surgery and miss time as well. No need to rush back and not let the wrist fully heal, or re-injure it.

Now, if he does come back, the only positive I see is proving he is healthy, and increasing his stock in a trade. The contract isn't as bad simply because of time left on it. With Rose out, Deng's numbers will be inflated as top offensive threat on the team... May be a good trade chip in the first few months of the season.

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
Luol Deng will basically have played 2 weeks of ball in a 6 month span. He'll have a ton of rust to shake off, but I think he'll be fine for this season because of the amount of rest he had. We'll see.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
What explains him shooting 40 % with NO defenders guarding him the last 2 months of the season?
Deng will have multiple defenders on him this year with Rose being out. He will be our main source of offense - a role that he is not great at. We will have a bunch of great role players, who can't generate their own offense.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Deng will have multiple defenders on him this year with Rose being out. He will be our main source of offense - a role that he is not great at. We will have a bunch of great role players, who can't generate their own offense.

I have to think Boozer will be our biggest source of offense, not Luol.

I could also see Rip surpassing him, if healthy.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
6 months rest with 2 weeks of playing time in there. He'll have recovered enough(hopefully).

I doubt it. As best I can tell, that tendon tear can't heal itself. It'll be a pain management issue just like it was last season, one would think. He may start the season with less pain/inflammation, FWIW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts