Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I seen a similar Mutumbo thread not so long ago and Rodman plays very similar, rebounding and defense. If 50 percent say yes to Mutumbo I'd have to believe 100 percent would day yes to Rodman considering he's won a similar amount of rebounding and defensive titles yet actually shows rings on his fingers, 4 I believe! So is this thread a waste of time? Does everyone think he's a no brainer? I didn't think it was until I gave it a few minutes. It's just hard to imagine a HOFer that didn't score points. Watcha think. Remember this madman rebounded 28 per game easy on many nights! Maybe that was his focus but still no east feat.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I seem to think the Hall would be more inclined to let Deke in. Rodman has probably annoyed too many important people.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would let him in. Dude is arguably the greatest rebounder ever to play the game. He was a helluva defensive prescene on the floor also. Being only 6-8(tops) and just over 200 lbs and putting that type of pressure on guys 6-10+ and 250+ is just a remarkable feat.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Rodman is one of the best rebounders ever. I think he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. It's amazing how he managed to get so many rebounds with all the competition.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Rodman won 5 rings, 2 with detroit, 3 with chicago. He was a big part of the Bad Boys and the 72 win season bulls. IMO he brought the bad no masking truebluefan attitude the bulls needed to become a champion again. The day the bulls signed him I knew something special was about to happen all over again in Chicago. But he has also shown that for some teams he is pretty useless, you just have to use the man in the right way. With the Lakers and Mavs he didnt seem to care too much. He was great on the Spurs but he obviously wasnt a good fit for that team. Rodman possibly brought the most hustle ive ever seen from a basketball player. He played a hell of a job on defense against guys who were alot bigger than him, (Karl Malone, Shaq). He had a unique personality and he himself was a show. He even had his own show on MTV. His celebrity status and his defensive and rebounding I believe will get him into the hall of fame.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Its a shame how the league discards certain players for their off the court actions. Dennis Rodman was a great, great player. A key role player in each of the championship teams he played for, IMO he is the greatest rebounders of all time, one of the greatest defenders of all time, and one of the greatest players able to throw the competition of its game. Rodman deserves to be in the Hall of Fame

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ScottVdub</b>!
But he has also shown that for some teams he is pretty useless, you just have to use the man in the right way. With the Lakers and Mavs he didnt seem to care too much.
Late in his career(LA & MAVS), Rodman may not have played with the passion he had when he was a champion, but how can you say he was useless? I bet any team in the league now would kill for a guy who could give you either 12 rebound per game(lakers) or 14+ rebounds per game(dallas). Its true the rodman was not going to practice or showing up on time for anything, but hey he is who he is. its takes a something special to be able to reckognize that and make it work for you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts