Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3-D making a comeback? He was never in good shape even when he played before, I cant imagine him coming back in good shape now.

You know it is bad when the team wants Scott to get into shape and make a comback and when you've got a young 7-footer with long arms sitting on the bench on a team that desperately needs rebounds and blocked shots.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
JNice, you got any links on this? It's impossible Dennis could come back, and laughable that he would try. Watch him come back and make me eat my words...

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>nba_playa</b>!
JNice, you got any links on this? It's impossible Dennis could come back, and laughable that he would try. Watch him come back and make me eat my words...
They said it on the ESPN telecast last night. Said Scott had spoken to Orlando management and they basically said get in shape and call us back.

I am assuming it would be a short term fix for Garrity being out.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>rukahS capuT</b>!
Any update on this? Have you heard anything recently Dee Bo?
Nope, hobo ... I seriously doubt it will happen. Scott was never in that great of shape even in his best years.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

Nope, hobo ... I seriously doubt it will happen. Scott was never in that great of shape even in his best years.
I actually think 3D coming back would be quite amusing...Too bad;)

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
3-D making a comeback? He was never in good shape even when he played before, I cant imagine him coming back in good shape now.

You know it is bad when the team wants Scott to get into shape and make a comback and when you've got a young 7-footer with long arms sitting on the bench on a team that desperately needs rebounds and blocked shots.
PATHETIC - if that is true! NO team wanted him 3 years ago - he'll bring nothing to the table, as his defense never existed when young, so you KNOW that GABE has truly lost his marbles if he is going after 3-D.:rolleyes: :nonono:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
While watching the Magic tonight in those throwback uniforms when I glanced at Bogans out there with that #3 jersey on I actually thought was Dennis Scott for split second. Anyway though, he never was good for anything but shooting 3's, and he I remember he tried out for the Lakers a couple years back and was one of the first to get cut despite being one of Shaq's best buddies. I can't see him sticking with any team.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: Dennis Scott

Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!

PATHETIC - if that is true! NO team wanted him 3 years ago - he'll bring nothing to the table, as his defense never existed when young, so you KNOW that GABE has truly lost his marbles if he is going after 3-D.:rolleyes: :nonono:
the only reason I could see for Gabe's thinking if he was considering it would be as a short term fix for Garrity being out for the season ...

but like I said before, I seriously doubt it would happen .. Scott was never able to get into good shape during his best years, let alone now.

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts
I really don't see 3 D being able to fully come back.

I'm sure that he could still knock down 3's off a dribble penatration pass from T Mac.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by <b>nikebasketball</b>!
I'm sure that he could still knock down 3's off a dribble penatration pass from T Mac.
That would be the sole reason for him coming back ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts