Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a suggestion for a swap of 2 players who's names have been circulating in the rumor mill all summer:

Denver sends James Posey and next year's second round pick to Chicago for Jamal Crawford.

Denver obviously needs someone to run the show, needs to stockpile young talent, and can afford to roll the dice on an unproven player coming off an injury.

Some people may argue that this is a lopsided deal in Denver's favor because Crawford has more upside. But Chicago needs experienced depth at the swing positions more than it does a frustrated youngster competing for PT with the leader of the future (Jay Williams). With Rose and Williams leading the way, Curry developing, and possibly Robinson getting back in the groove, the Bulls need a prime stopper more than another scorer. And Denver's second round pick is likely to be #30--basically a first round pick without the guaranteed contract, a perfect place to take a chance.

Any reactions?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I actually agree.

I think a Crawford/Posey swap (with maybe the second round pick) is fair, and good for both teams.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jericho</b>!
Some people may argue that this is a lopsided deal in Denver's favor because Crawford has more upside.
You could also argue that Chicago gets a better deal because they get a reliable player who plays. Crawford has been injured a lot. I think Chicago sends rather than recieves the second round pick to make up for the risk.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be fine with me, as someone who is becoming a Bulls fan but has been a lifelong (and long-suffering) Nuggets fan. I had Denver throwing in the pick since so many people on this board think Crawford has star potential.

I would think the players would be interested in the swap, too, from the standpoint of career development. Posey probably doesn't have long in Denver no matter what. Even if he sticks around through the next season, the chances of him getting squeezed out by more offensive-minded lottery pick or free agent are high. Chicago, on the other hand, might be more content with what he could contribute since they've probably got their star-caliber players in place for the time being.

And unless Crawford has been showing in summer play that he's got what it takes to be a successful starting 2 guard in a conference that features AI, Pierce, Carter, McGrady and Allen, his best shot and playing time and even stardom lies with getting traded to one of the many teams who would be happy to roll the dice and plug him in at their starting point guard.

·
Registered
221 Posts
:no: I am a huge Bulls fan and would never do that Craw has twice as much potential as Posey. I know they need a sg, but Craw also has a lot more trade value. I'd rather keep Craw

·
Registered
221 Posts
:no: I am a huge Bulls fan and would never do that, Craw has twice as much potential as Posey. I know they need a sg, but Craw also has a lot more trade value. I'd rather keep Craw

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Crawford has too much upside to deal for Posey. Crawford is a player that is developing and has developed a lot since he entered the league. He is gonna be good.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Dang why does everyone like James Posey so much most of the trade i have seenso far people want to see Posey trade to there team..One question Why Posey???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts